Home Power Magazine

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cowboy joe, Nov 3, 2004.

1. cowboy joe

cowboy joe Hired Hand

I've been doing my homework about living off the grid and getting ready to make the move in the next year. I found the Home Power Magazine website and was thinking of subscribing to their magazine. $22.50 is a bit steep for 6 issues so I thought I'd ask opinions from anyone who is familiar with the magazine or similiar publications.

2. TheBlueOne

TheBlueOne Well-Known Member

It's a good magazine with probably the best info about getting off the grid, but it is pricey. If you're serious about getting off the grid, $22.50 isn't really that much money. The majority of the componets needed run a lot of money.
    If you buy it at the newstand it's like $6-7 a copy as I recall, so the subscription is the best way to go.

3. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

Maybe you would be better off buying a couple good books on the subject instead of just getting a few magazines. Doing some more research online would probally turn up some very good resources as well.

Good luck this is a subject that I hope I will be learning more about in the years ahead. I really ,really dislike the power companies.

4. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

I think "Home Power" magazine will split the cost with you if you donate a subscribtion to a library. Care to share? You would have partial access for half price if the offer is still valid.

5. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Cowboy, I bought an issue from Barnes & Noble a while back and I thought it was excellent. I've loaned it out at work, and one of the guys just told me he now has a subscription. I think it would have more up-dated info, and brand names to look for. The one I have has a comparison of wind turbines, very informative.

6. Goose

Goose Migratory Waterfowl

Home Power Magazine generously allows the download of each current issue for free. Back issues are also available for download for a fee.

www.homepower.com