Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this?
Farmers (!) Insurance said due to its remote location it was at risk for theft and they wouldn't insure it.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
No I have never heard of this. I suppose if you lived at the end of some desolate road in some desolate area it would be a concern. Like interior Alaska. So if your home was nestled between two crack houses in an urban setting would they also not insure it? I would bet they would. Seems that their actuaries might need a refresher course.

Typically, you can not get insurance for fire-related issues.

·
Registered
401 Posts
And they call themselves "Farmers" Insurance. What a joke. I was with FI for many years and they finally tightened the rules governing rural houses several years ago. My agent was POed about that and encouraged me to send a sarcastic letter to them. I just switched companies.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I have never heard of this. I suppose if you lived at the end of some desolate road in some desolate area it would be a concern. Like interior Alaska. So if your home was nestled between two crack houses in an urban setting would they also not insure it? I would bet they would. Seems that their actuaries might need a refresher course.

Typically, you can not get insurance for fire-related issues.
I hadn't considered the urban situation. I wonder if rural people are considered a class of people.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And they call themselves "Farmers" Insurance. What a joke. I was with FI for many years and they finally tightened the rules governing rural houses several years ago. My agent was POed about that and encouraged me to send a sarcastic letter to them. I just switched companies.
To whom ?

·
Registered
938 Posts
sure have, several years ago we had American family and were happy with it although had no clames and got a notice that do to us being out to far were being cancled,OK we went and got different insur. and a few years latter we got a letter from American family,it stated that they had restarted insuring farms and since I had been a valuied client they would take me back ! :catfight: NO THANKS

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could also try Farm Bureau. State Farm wouldn't insure my house because it's old and I was in the process of remodeling at the time, so I had to switch to Farm Bureau.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts