Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a Home Comfort Range on ebay that I really really wanted. I decided to spend some of my furniture fund money and bid on it and I ended up winning the auction :) We went to pick up the stove on Saturday. It is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to finish the house and get this range installed.
The range is missing the lid to the water tank so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows of a resource for old wood stove parts? The range is a 1928 Home Comfort Range made by the Wrought Iron Range Co. in MO. I've done some internet searching but so far I haven't come up with anything.
Thanks!!

·
plains of Colorado
4,137 Posts
There used to be a place called Keokuk Stove Works in Hamilton, IL. I'm not sure if they're still there but had a web site so check there first. Nice folks, I think they could point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Ditto what michiganfarmer and Bill said, but it was a pleasant surprise to see the stove. Congratulations, and good luck getting it into service very soon.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DW said:
There used to be a place called Keokuk Stove Works in Hamilton, IL. I'm not sure if they're still there but had a web site so check there first. Nice folks, I think they could point you in the right direction.
Thanks DW. I found their website with the contact info. I'll send them an email this morning.

Ashley, I sent you a PM.

BTW, guys..........it's definately 68 degrees!! :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
What a beautiful stove!!! We want to eventually get a wood cookstove....can't wait to have one!!!

Congrats on your great *new* purchase!

Happy cooking :)
Shawna

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks woodsrunner, I'll give them a try too.

Shawna said:
What a beautiful stove!!! We want to eventually get a wood cookstove....can't wait to have one!!!

Congrats on your great *new* purchase!

Happy cooking :)
Shawna
I've never cooked on a wood stove before. But I can't wait to try it out! I imagine my results the first few times I use it will be 'interesting' LOL!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Lehman's has an "Ask a Question" feature on their website, so I thought I'd throw a dart for you. Well I finally (just now) got a reply:

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately I don't
have any information about this stove but I do
have a business that will be able to help you.
Heckler Brothers 412-922-6811

Hope this helps...

BTW that IS one nice looking stove....

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You! :) I ordered the reprint of the Home Comfort Cookbook that Lehman's has but I never thought to ask them if they know of any resources for parts :doh: Sometimes I'm just not too bright!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Boy does that stove bring back memories! My grandpa had a Home Comfort it was green and cream color,big ole copper water tank that could be used on either side.We always kept it on the side of the fire box,remember carrying water from the well to fill it up.Sure wish I had that stove,I think my mom traded it for an electric stove.The Home Comfort sure kept me busy chopping wood and carrying water.Those were the days :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts