Holy Cow....didn't know you guys were here!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by ForMyACDs, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs Well-Known Member

I've been a member of the Homesteading forum for YEARS and yet I never realized there was a weight forum on here! COOL!

I finally decided that I was not going to buy bigger pants and determined that now that I'm 37 I've GOT to get healthy. So, on December 10th I started eating right & exercising.

I've done this all before, but tried too hard to do it by diet alone. This time "feels" different. I'm walking on the treadmill in 1 hour workouts daily (sometimes 2 workouts a day) and am finding I have so much more energy and drive! I'm restricted right now in the weight training I can do as I just had hand surgery and can't lift or pull at this point and will have another hand surgery in 2 weeks so my restrictions will continue for another 2 months or so. I've also been careful about my fooc intake, but of course making sure I get ENOUGH calories in too.

I started out at 230lbs
    Week 1 - lost 6 lbs (weight 224)
    Week 2 - stayed the same - not bad for over the Xmas holdays (weight 224)
    Week 3 (weighed in Sunday) - lost 6.6 lbs (weight 217.4)

I did decide to join WW online only to help me to keep track. I guess the structure is helping me out a lot.

Looking forward to talking with y'all.

2. valschickens

valschickens Big Brother's Watching

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Today I put myself on a low carb diet only this time I plan to do a few things differently than in the past. My weight is the same as your's, and I'm looking forward to these next two weeks to drop at least the water weight. I'm also going to find counseling in hopes of treating the "root" of the problem and not just the symptoms.

Good luck!!

Val

3. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome!! You are doing a great job so far. Keep it up!!!!

4. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

drop 500 cal a day from your diet. you'll safely lose about 4-5 lbs a month, slow is the best way to lose it. if you also burn an additional 250 cal a day, you'll lose an additional 1-2 lbs a month. the thing to really pay attention to is how the clothes fit. if my clothes weren't getting looser, i'd have long since quit, because i've only lost 11 lbs in 9 months. but, i feel great and i look better, so i'm still plugging along. good luck and happy lifestyle changes. :)