Holiday movies

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by DenverGirlie, Dec 6, 2006.

1. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

We turned on the TV last night and wasn't impressed with any of our four choices. So we popped in "It's a Wonderful Life". We will finish it this evening and over the next few weeks will watch my other favorites.

That would include "White Christmas" and "Christmas in Connecticut". We will also watch "Pocketful of Miracles" even thou it's not a Holiday movie, it a favorite and will be watched again.

How about you and your family? What Holiday films or even non holiday films but famility favorites will you watch in the next month of so?

2. melina

melina Well-Known Member

A Christmas Story, I think that's the title, the one where Ralphie wants a BB gun, but "you'll put your eye out!".
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. We ARE the Griswolds, complete with the lights, Cousin Eddy, and Aunt Bethany.
    For purely sentimental reasons, The Bishop's Wife.

3. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

we just bought a movie called the Christ Child. It had religious overtones but it was a very good contemporary movie about a man(whose birthday is Christmas Eve) who found pictures in his father things and was searching out the source of the pictures.

We also watch The Christmas Box every year.

4. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

ooohhh, the Christmas box, I might have to pick that up at the liabry this year to watch. Loved the book, think I've seen the movie once.

5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I like to watch a version of "The Nutcracker Ballet", and I like "The Muppet's Christmas Carol".

Angie

6. Lynne

Lynne Well-Known Member

No matter how many times I watch "NL Christmas Vacation" I find it is still hillarious. "Holiday Inn" Is another favorite of mine.

7. belladulcinea

belladulcinea Well-Known Member

The Bishop's Wife, Christmas Carol with George C Scott, White Christmas, Anyother Christmas Carol movie, A Muppet Family Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol watched every Christmas Eve with the family. I love Holiday Inn but usually watch it around New Year's. I love Christmas in Conneticut and my husband loves it's a Wonderful Life, he played Clarence the Angel in the church's musical version of it which was really good. I'm also a Grinch and Charlie Brown fan. Hmmm, I think I love all the oldies and some of the new ones too.

A couple of new one's that I like are Singe Santa seeks Mrs. Claus and Meet the Santas they are both very cute and A Holiday to Remember.

8. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

Along with a lot of the others listed we like Home Alone 1&2, Scrooged, Christmas Carol (with Alistair Sims), The Homecoming, a Red Skelton Christmas special.

9. Pansies4me

Pansies4me Dreaming of autumn....

We love "White Christmas" too!

My fave is "Christmas on Plum Creek" from "Little House on the Prairie". If you don't tear up at the end, you just don't have a heart. :)

10. belladulcinea

belladulcinea Well-Known Member

The Homecoming! I'd forgotten about that one!

11. Pizza Guy

Pizza Guy Well-Known Member

Central California between Fresno & Bakersfield
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is soooo funny. It's not a great movie but there are so many funny scenes.

12. countryrn

countryrn Well-Known Member

Any version of The Christmas Carol, the old Miracle on 34th Street, Tim Allen's Santa Claus movies, Mr. Krueger's Christmas, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas videos (if you can find the one with Walter Kronkite - it is wonderful!)

13. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

One of my annual Christmas movies viewing traditions is "Grumpy Old Men."

14. reese

reese Well-Known Member

My personal favorite, is "Miracle on 34th street" (the original), my DH's is "A Christmas Story" with a close runner up of "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" (cartoon version). The kids love them all LOL. I love Christmas movies so we have collected a goodly lot of them. This year my focus is to get "Scrooged". Reese

15. cathyharrell

cathyharrell Well-Known Member

Scrooge with Albert Finney:)