Holders/handles for Glass milk Bottles ?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Athankfulheart, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Athankfulheart

Athankfulheart New Member

Goodmorning =)
    I have been looking ALL over the web for those plastic holders that you set the milk bottles down into, to assist with pouring. All I have been able to find are the ones designed for paper half gallon milk cartons <sigh>. We found a wonderful dairy( drug/hormone free) near our new place but they dont sell and have never seen these holders/handles. The woman says she would be interested in seeing them if I did find them. I'd just love to get a couple at least for our own use, but I am having alot worse luck than I thought I'd have :waa:

Anyone have any ideas ???
    Tracy in Missouri

2. Bishaj

Bishaj Active Member

I'm getting ready to move to the beautiful country of the Shenandoah Valley, but here in Virginia Beach there is a local Mennonite run dairy that does home delivery. They deliver the milk in glass half gallons. They do not have a special plastic holder that the bottle sets in, but they do have a sort of flexible plastic ring that has a handle and goes over the neck fo the bottle. They also have pour spouts that snap on as a lid. I know you can buy the pour spouts from them for about 45 cents apiece (the are reusable we've only had one to date), but I don't know about the handles. Seems to me like if you called them up they could at least tell you where they order the handles. We've been ordering from them for about 4 months and this handle/pour spout system works great for us, even my 5 year old has no trouble pouring her own. Their web site is www.yoderdairies.com. Their contact info is all on the site. I hope this helps.

John

3. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I just started having my milk delivered in 1/2 gallon bottles - hormone free, etc. I have two of those in my cellar for when he leaves it on porch (i carry them down stairs). He comes on Thursday, I'll ask him or leave him a note with that question. Fresh milk is sooooo good. I've got everyone in my house drinking skim milk that tastes like 1 or 2%!

brural

4. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Ive bought bottles and the carriers on ebay,bet you can what you need there...
    BooBoo