Hogzilla

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by jackie c, Nov 23, 2004.

1. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

Now this bothers me. No doubt when you've turned on your computor today, you've read about the HUGE hog that was shot, killed, and buried in GA. This wild hog weighed as much as all 6-200 pounders that I raised. Why on earth would they just discard the animal like that! :eek: :eek: :eek: Surely there were families in need of meat! What a colossal waste. Frankly, I'm outraged. Not that the animal was shot, but wasted! So it wouldn't fit whole in the freezer, cut him up! Sheeze!

2. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Wow, I had not heard of it yet. Do you know why they shot it? That IS a lot of meat, would have made a lot of sausage. :)

3. IMContrary

IMContrary Well-Known Member

4. breezynosacek

breezynosacek Well-Known Member

Hmm, well here I was all geared up for something as big as a jeep!

Perhaps that is a huge size for wild boar, but they have a lot larger hogs up in S. Point OH, or at least they did 20 years ago. Those suckers up there are as big as volkswagons. I know, we were in a volkswagon and I was scared to death to get out of the car! Suckers were tall as the roof and as long as the car. Had a bunch of them. Looked like big white biscuits on legs.

Maybe that boar was a relative to some of the big white hogs they crossed with the pigs from china back in the Jeffersonian era. The quakers used to raise those white huge hogs.

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

This was a while back. I'm of the opinion that this was escaped from a lodge- or was a planned hunt for an older lodge hybrid. It is a hybrid Russian and those old guys don't just live in the wild. The meat would not have been very tasty for most families in our country, I think. Even little baby Russians have a strong odor.