Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share your "First time' stories with me!

PLEASE!

My son has hunted pigs for a while he is 15 and he has used both gun and bow and did great. His BF and him are wanting to take me hunting! I am nervous and excited. I am on foal watch through mid Jan but after will start my target practice then on to the hunt. I have never hunted myself, have several time been on hunts with others.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd love to go hog hunting. Your lucky to have a place where you can hunt them and not have to go through an outfitter.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,636 Posts
Yea I go through an outfitter because our Wild Hogs are far and few between.Been twice,didn't get anything first time got a Nice Boar the second time.Just remember the vitals are Forward and Low.

I'm going with my Son and Granddaughter this Spring.

big rockpile

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your going to love hog hunting. Best fun there is. Limit here is all you can load in the truck, or all you feel like cleaning in one day. Nothing more fun than coming over a rise and stepping in the middle of 20 to 30 big hogs. Gun starts going off, hogs start falling every where. You need to go with them. Even more fun when you top that rise and your father in laws gun keeps going off and he still hasn't hit anything. Oh the fun you can have with a 20 round box of 30-06 blanks from Cheaper Than Dirt, after your father in law has consumed one to many scotches and passed out for the night. You sneak out and reload his rifle for him. Next morning just prepare to laugh your hind end off at him. LMAO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts