Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the guy I wrote about several weeks ago---the one who was dead in his apt for 4 days? The apt has sat empty with the windows open since 2 weeks ago when maintenance steam cleaned the carpeting. The same week they did my next door neighbor's carpet. I found out she had died recently too. I saw her once a year ago but not since then, now I find out she died. So today I am removing the air conditioner from my living room window and there is a refrigerator on the front lawn and the maintenance guy has gloves on and is cleaning it. On the front lawn. It is from the dead guys place...and maintenance had pulled it out through the window! After I put the AC away I went to close the window and the police pull up fast and silent. The cop get in the door as fast as he could. I went to take a nap.
My thoughts are: perhaps new carpeting/flooring when someone dies and had been a hoarder...and a frig too...maybe???

·
Administrator
21,526 Posts
Remember the guy I wrote about several weeks ago---the one who was dead in his apt for 4 days? The apt has sat empty with the windows open since 2 weeks ago when maintenance steam cleaned the carpeting. The same week they did my next door neighbor's carpet. I found out she had died recently too. I saw her once a year ago but not since then, now I find out she died. So today I am removing the air conditioner from my living room window and there is a refrigerator on the front lawn and the maintenance guy has gloves on and is cleaning it. On the front lawn. It is from the dead guys place...and maintenance had pulled it out through the window! After I put the AC away I went to close the window and the police pull up fast and silent. The cop get in the door as fast as he could. I went to take a nap.
My thoughts are: perhaps new carpeting/flooring when someone dies and had been a hoarder...and a frig too...maybe???
There may be laws about cleaning a fridge on the front lawn but I don't think police can force anyone to replace carpet/flooring or refrigerators.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I had a tenant once who had his power turned off, which I didn’t know. He left about 2 months later. He had let all the food sit in his fridge with the power off that whole time. I cleaned that fridge with everything I could think of and ended up just junking it and buying a new one.

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
well if they are cleaning the apartment and found something like a gun most people will call the police to give it to them.

could also be he found drugs or something behind the fridge

or it could have just been a domestic on the other side of the building or something

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
I have been the contractor for, and/or owner of, several properties in which the occupant was found dead from suicide, exposure, drugs, and on. It depends on where they passed, like the couch or bed, or if they blew their internals across the room, or if their pitbull pups partially ate them as they had been locked in the bathroom together, etc. Body fluids and odors are not easily removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts