Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighbor called me and asked me to come empty since crates and throw out the contents. Come to find out his father is a medical missionary. He puts his packages together to send with doctors all over the world. Well this package of 10 huge crates was put together a couple years ago for Cuba but they wouldn't let them in. His father is now in poor health and the stuff needed to be gotten rid of. We got enough medical supplies to supply a hospital. Full surgical and trama kits. Surgical and general medicine kits galore with all instructions on use. About every form of surgical utensils you could imagine. Thousands of suture kits iodine and numbing agents. Replacement parts for everything. Heck I even got blood transfusion machines and full cardiothorasic surgical kits and videos on how to perform open heart surgery. Lol will probably never use a tenth of the stuff but so awesome to have if a field Hospital was ever needed. 😀

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Well, the S&EP crew would be drooling over all those good supplies. I hope what you cannot use, or practically store will be able to help some other friends or groups.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are going through a lot of it today and what we can't use or have space for, the Amish friends of ours have several communities who could use it. There are thousands of iv and catheter related items. box after box of gauze, tape sponges, alcohol swabs, gloves, lots of trauma related stuff, burn stuff, trachea stuff etc.. stuff I'll never need that much of. So I definitely want it to go to good use. I believe I week put together several kits to put here on the barter section as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts