Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you folks used her recipe? I'm looking for a recipe that is like Popeye's Red Beans and Rice. Yeah, I know. That's why I want to make a healthier version at home. But I love that saucey, spicey concoction....LOL

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
I've used the recipe "Tommy's Army Man Rice" from Hillbilly Housewife and it is quite good. We've had it different times with pinto, kidney and refried beans and all were good. I particularly like this recipe because it calls for ingredients that I have in my pantry.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I will just have to give it a try. I wonder if Popeyes is a regional thing? Have a great night.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We have Popeye's here in Indiana too. And their red beans and rice are AWESOME! I used to routinely trek into a not-so-nice neighborhood in Indy, just to get my fix. Now there are some suburban locations too. Yum, yum, yum!

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
that hillbilly site is very good! try her simple muffins, i've made them 2 days now, they are sooo tasty! i do not see the tommy's army's recipe tho.. could the link be posted here? thanks!

·
Formerly Kathleen in AR
1,050 Posts
Ooh! I love Popeye's red bean and rice too! On the rare occasion that we get to go, that's all I'll eat (with a biscuit of course). Geez, now I'm hungry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts