high blood pressure?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Patches, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member Supporter

Can anyone tell me what natural thing to take for high blood pressure. My mother is having problems with hers and would like to try some natural medicine instead of doctor stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I believe garlic and cayenne pepper are supposed to be good. I may have it confused with high cholesterol, though. I'm sure you can do a google search to find out.

3. ET1 SS

ET1 SS zone 5 - riverfrontage Supporter

We have renters who lost their HMO, two elderly diabetics with high BP.

They have found that a big quart jar filled with garlic cloves and ACV, left to soak a week, and then drinking 1/2 cup per day; appears to be controlling their BP.

They keep a bunch of these jars filled and soaking, so they are tapping a new one each few days, while the others are given time to properly soak.

I can not believe how much drugs cost, but for folks who require a dozen different drugs each day, it does add up.

Good luck, and may God bless you.

4. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member Supporter

ET1 SS
    What is ACV? I'm not familiar with it. Yes, my mom was on a dozen different medicines last fall, started having problems, was taken by ambulance to the hospital and before she was released, she was taken off ALL of her medicines. They said she was taking so many that she was overdosing on them. Craziest thing I ever heard. Anyway, she's gonna try the natural route this time if she can. Thanks for all your help.

5. ET1 SS

ET1 SS zone 5 - riverfrontage Supporter

Apple Cider Vinegar.

Previous to this incident, I had never heard that Apple Cider Vinegar and garlic would have an effect on your BP.

But for Ben and Beth [our renters] it does work to lower both of their BPs, so they only need to purchase the insulin.

One quart jar filled with peeled garlic cloves and ACV, soak for a week, and drink 1/2 cup per day. Keep setting up jars each week so each jar has a couple weeks to soak before you begin drinking the stuff. As they go through each jar, they also eat the garlic cloves.

I have no idea who told them to do this, probably a nutritionist through their church.

May God bless you.

6. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

There is a book, called "The High Blood Pressure Hoax" that is absolutly the best reference I have EER seen about HBP. IT explains HOW it happens, WHAT various drigs and medications do to change/"manage"/"cure" it and how to make lifestyle changes that will result in the true reversal of this illness without ever taking a single medication.

7. Drizler

Drizler Well-Known Member

All those foods and supplements can or will help with blood pressure. There is a lot more to it though. Losing weight will be a major factor for many people, smoking is another biggie that even if it doesn't help there will have profound positive impact on health in general. At the end of the day though many people are stuck with the meds which aren't necessarily bad. There are many out there nowadays so its easy to figure out which one is best if you are patient and work with the doctor. In most cases its possible to find a med that won't cause most of the side effects like drowsiness which people hate.
    Do watch out for being steered by insurance into what "they" want which is the cheapest available. Their interests are not yours and that goes double for cholesterol meds. They got the FDA to approve some cheaper alternatives that are not nearly as effective a Lipitor and with serious side effects. That said, there are fantastic drugs out there and if you approach it with your eyes open and research your choices you can live longer and better.

8. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

We use hawthorn capsules and I understand calcium really helps.