Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dried the flowers from Hibiscus moscheutos and used them for tea? I buy hibiscus sabdariffa and make a tea with it and it doesn't need lemon as it has a tartness naturally. Thanks, Rita

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Rita, :)
I use Hibiscus Flrs, but don't know the latin name. Mine are a deep maroon to purple color. I make tea and drink it as a medicinal herb every day. It lowers High blood pressure. It has lowered mine 20-22 points now. Maybe more. My BP was staying up in the 160's. (scary!) Anyway, a "old-timer" cued me in to Hibiscus flowers to bring it down. And it worked for me!! He uses it all the time as well. I have told many of my friends about it and shared my experience with HT on this forum.
I am glad to see someone else likes it. Have a great week-end,,Patsy

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CozyHollowGirl, I just got a large-flowered red hibiscus for my birthday (upcoming) and have ordered seeds and a plant of different varieties. I found that the hibiscus I was buying is not the blossoms but the seed "pod" so I am glad to hear that the blossoms from ordinary hibiscus are fine. It has helped my b.p. as well. Does the flower-type you use have a tartness too? If you look up edible hibiscus even the leaves are edible and it said the roots are used to make meringue! Rita

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.