Hi this might sound wierd but I have a ?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Frontier_oaks, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Frontier_oaks

Frontier_oaks Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there is anybody who lives in central florida with a milk goat.
    Here is my problem I am trying to convice my husband that goats milk is not bad but he is stuborn and wont agree I would really like to have our own milk but a cow just needs to much room. I have no problem with goats milk but i cant get him to let me get a goat. I am hoping if he had a chance to tates real milk from the goat that he might find it alright if not even enjoy it.
    So if anybody is out there and would not mind shareing a glass full of milk please let me know

And if not if you know of where i can get some fresh not out of a can please help
    Thanks

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Well FO, my good wishes go out to you, and good luck.. my DH has yet to even try my goat's milk.. the only think I could think of to say was "stay away from the stuff at the grocery store!!" It is nasty vile stuff, and if he even get's a whiff of it, there'll be no going foreward :no:
    People ask me all the time, what goat milk tasts like, and I tell 'em.. uhh, milk.? but better!!
    best wishes to you!!!

3. Galloping Goats

Galloping Goats Active Member

My husband was the same way. He wouldn't touch it at first. As soon as the babies were weaned and we had plenty of milk for the family I quit buying milk from the store. Pretty soon he realized it was the only milk he was going to get and was forced to try it and he loved it. Now I hear him telling other people how wonderful it is. He's like a walking infomercial about it. :haha:

4. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

You are so lucky!! My DH actually quit drinking milk when I quit buying it!! lol.. I guess next year, I'm going to have to do the sneaky think, and refill those ole cow milk containers.. :eek: I think that if he tried it, he would rave about it!! :haha:

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Really fresh goat's milk tastes nothing like what you buy in the stores. My hubby wouldn't believe that until I got some from one of my neighbors and snuck it into his cereal. He's not a complete convert, but he'll drink the stuff now.

6. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

I hope you can find someone to help you. People seem to have this silly preconceived notion that if it doesn't come from a cow, it's got to taste awful -- but milk is milk. I must say, though, that of all the goats I've had over the last twenty years or so, the milk from my Kinder doe is the best tasting I've had. When I first heard about Kinder goats, I thought maybe they were just a passing fad, but having tried them, they are really practical little animals. They give a decent amount of milk for a family, and provide some meat as well.

Kathleen

7. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

go to the american dairy goat web page and find a club in your area

8. Baaa

Baaa Active Member

My DH was the same way. I think its getting over the thought of "Goat Milk" as we have been taught to drink cow milk. I had a slight problem myself and it was sure just the thought as the taste and smell was much better than store bought cow milk.
    Stacy is sure right about the store bought goat milk... the cold dairy type has a goaty taste and the canned.... well the real goat kids WONT even drink it and it is just horrible that I threw it in the trash .

Now its winter and my doe is PG and NO milk and I SURE MISS it !! I cant wait till I get to milk again....make yogurt and cheese !!
    I will ALWAYS have a GOAT for milk, Goats are so much cleaner and you can tell if they are sick,you have the controll of their feed and they are so sweet and friendly and I can handle them by myself and not have a broken foot if they step on me... where as a big cow .. I just cant handle.

The whole family now drinks GOAT milk all 9 of us and this includes my DH... my dnlaw is still getting over the "goaty" thing tho.

I LOVE my fresh milk !!