Hi, I'm New

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by RyleeM, Nov 28, 2004.

1. RyleeM

RyleeM Active Member

Hi everyone. I have been reading your posts for 6 months or so, but not joined in yet.
    I am from south western Nebraska, married, no kids yet.
    My husband and I live in a small apartment in town, while we save up for our first farm.
    So, I will be on here all of the time asking lots of questions.

2. Cindiloowho

Cindiloowho Active Member

Let me be the first to welcome you.

Good luck to you.

3. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

................Welcome and I know your going to enjoy all the new friends that you'll make with the passage of time . Lotsa nice folks here abouts with lots of knowledge and expertise that they willingly share when you're in need , which will be just as soon as you sign the papers on your land purchase , ...fordy..

4. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Welcome, this board is a great source of information.

5. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Welcome! you will find that this board consists of the most creative intelligent resourcefull bunch of folks you'd ever want to meet! thought some of us cant spell LOL

6. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.................Well sister , you haven't been observing the 11th. Commandment...thy shall Keep thy Webster(s) right next to thine single shot rifle and coffee cup , just don't let it Runneth over into thine keyboard , ..fordy... :)

7. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Hi Neighbor welcome. I'm right next door in Kansas, well not next door, but in Kansas.
    I'm in south central Kansas while you are in that wind blown icebox that gets lots of winter. Brrr.

Since you are in SW Nebraska may I recommend the Ralph Moody book "Horse of a Different Color" for you to read. It is set in the Decatur County, KS area around Cedar Bluffs, KS and McCook, NE.

The book is one of many by Ralph Moody that tells of his life. Little Britches is the first book telling of when he was a little boy around Littleton, CO. "Horse of a Different Color" comes somewhat later in his life, around age 20 and 21.

Now that I've said, "Howdy Neighbor", how about shutting that north door up there and keep that wind and snow in your neighborhood?

Welcome.

8. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! If you get a chance, check out the archives. Lots of interesting and not so interesting reading. :)

9. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome! Always remember, don't be afraid to ask questions! You can bet someone else out there has the same question, but may be too shy to ask. I second the suggestion about taking a look at the archives. There is an unbelievable amount of solid information there.