Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
I'm Jo from Western Kentucky. I am trying to learn the ropes of Homesteading as I go and quite often end up somewhere else than I started.. I guess you could say it is 'normal' for me to de-rail myself. :yuck:

I love the days that start out with something as simple as laundry, and end up taking a ride on the memory train, that leads to doing a shadow box and ends up making a cupboard... not real productive days, but good memories.
I look forward to getting to know everyone, and making some lasting friendships.

I am also looking forward to sharing 'new' ideas, and fun ( the food explosion in the canner) experiences.

Jo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jo, Welcome from AZ but soon to be Kentucky. We are looking around the Danville area. Folks on here are friendly and always willing to help. I'm new as well and have learned a lot from the people here already.
Nosedirt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome, Jo.
I am in KY and enjoying this Homesteading lifestyle.
It's all new to me, so I'm learning as I go. :)

Reactions: Port-Angel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all so much for the welcome's. I don't get much time online, but it is nice to know I have somewhere to look forward to being "home" while I am online.

Danville is about 4 hours from where I am. I'm close to Sturgis, ky.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Thank you all so much for the welcome's. I don't get much time online, but it is nice to know I have somewhere to look forward to being "home" while I am online.

Danville is about 4 hours from where I am. I'm close to Sturgis, ky.
Sturgis? As in "Little Sturgis"? The big biker gathering?

Wade

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome Jo, I'm from south central KY.. Let me know if you have any questions about the area or anything. I"d be glad to help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes Wade, that is where I am close to... "little Sturgis" Love hearing the bikes when they come through.

Thank you kycountry.. I have been here for 10 yrs so far.. and I gotta say, it is nothing like what I am used to from out west.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey. I am about an hour to hour and half from Sturgis. I live near owensboro. If you ever need anything let me know.

Nosedirt, I have several friends up in the Danville area. Leg me know if I can help at all.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Welcome Jo! You will like it here.

Don't worry, I too get derailed at times. I hear there is medication for that? Just kidding! I am in Garrard Co KY. Its such a beautiful state.

And to Nosedirt, you will love the Danville area. I go there to shop sometimes, its about 15 miles from my farm. Danville is one of those places that have vastly different sections. In the town itself there are the old civil war era houses (that's where the movie "Raintree County" was made w/Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift) and historic areas. I love that! Nice old buildings and small town feel. The outlying countryside is beautiful too. Then there are parts of Danville that are not places you want to be! Prices are reasonable on everything, electric, water, taxes, groceries, feed. Just a really nice area to move to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome's. I am sorry I haven't been online, Things around here are just nutz most of the time.

Trailrider, :D I think I have tried all the different medications and was told they don't make one for my kind of crazy.. so I decided to stop suffering with it, and just started enjoying every minute of it :thumb:

Now, if only ppl would stop running away VERY fast whenever I say " ut-ohhhhh" :drum:

·
Registered
551 Posts

Reactions: Port-Angel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has been a while since I was in last, lots have been going on around here. between twisted ankles, frostbite, Fur Babies going home to Heaven, and new additions, lost transportation, and etc... it has been a long fall and winter.

Again, thank you all so very much for the warm welcomes. I look forward to getting to know each one of you !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts