Hi Everyone !

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Dianol1, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Dianol1

Dianol1 New Member

Wow ! It has been unbelievably difficult getting the site's administrator to "fix" it so I can post and/or reply. Took 4 emails over two weeks to make it happen. Maybe they were on vacation ! lol

Anyway, just wanted to tell everyone HEY ! :bouncy: and what a neat forum I think this is. There are soooo many smart and opinionated (in a nice way) folks here and I love that about ya'll. That makes it a learning site instead of just an argueing forum...if you know what I mean.

Okay; I'm Dianne, and wonderful hubby is David. We're not living where we want currently, but he can retire (maybe) next year with med insurance which is critical !

We have our little piece of heaven about 150 miles north of here in the woods. It's just 4 gorgeous acres, but it's all ours and we (he) just finished clearing the pines, gum trees, undergrowth and building the housepad.($) So we're ready to build our retirement home next year. (I'm ready right now)

Our family... son, daughter, and two beautiful grandkids already live in that area. His co moved us here. :flame: in 2005 on the gulf coast of louisiana about a week before hurricane rita hit...now that was an experience. We survived that and are planning our retirement in beautiful downtown Bentley, La (look that one up on a map...but get your mag glass handy) lol

We are really looking forward to setting up our homestead, and planting the garden, and arguing with the deer and rabbits over who gets to eat the tomato's and maybe have a nannygoat and some chickens...

okay...sorry for rambling...I just wanted to introduce us and am thrilled (finally) to be able to actually post.

bye bye for now and looking forward to getting to know you guys, and would love to hear from you all.

Dianne

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Nice to meet you Diane... will be looking forward to reading more of your adventures..

Angie

3. Cindy in NY

Cindy in NY Well-Known Member Supporter

4. swampgirl

swampgirl Well-Known Member

Welcome Dianne. I'm new to this forum also & love the folks. Look forward to reading about your adventures. I'm creating my own piece of paradise over in Holden, LA. You'll probably need an even bigger magnifying glass to find it since it's even smaller that Bentley. Best of Luck!

5. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Hello and good luck on everything you are planning. I was in Louisiana about 8 years ago, it's a pretty state, very different than Missouri! :)

6. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Welcome, Diane -- you're right, this *IS* a learning place! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As to the two week wait -- this is a VERY busy forum, and only two people doing the admin side, and they both have day jobs! I'm sure you understand.

So, pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of tea, and join in -- I'm sure that you have some valuable experience of your own to share. :)

Tracy

7. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Dianne, welcome. This is a great place. I've lived around Louisiana but never in it. Born and lived in Mississippi until I was around 30 and then moved to Arkansas where we currently live.

8. Dianol

Dianol Well-Known Member

Wow ! already got six replys in just a few hours. Is this great or what?

Ya'll are so neat. Almost like an extended family....

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Dianne