Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How highs the water mamma?(Sorry I'm from Nashville) or rather how cold is the air? I can't imangine being in that cold of tempertures. How do the animals survive up there? I remember back in Okla in 99 we had a bad cold spell (down in the single digits for a couple of days straight) plus an ice storm. and you could hear the trees popping at night as their limbs broke off from the ice in bitter cold and quiet night. It was like gunfire!I hope you and yours all take care and stay safe. We are thinking of you frozen ones in our prayers.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
We used to put our socks on the woodstove ( when I had one), flip them over ,run to bed ,jump in ,put the socks on and snuggle down. That was when I heated my house with ONLY a woodstove.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
WIHH, are there any dairy farms in your area? I can't imagine milking cows (and all that entails) in those cold temperatures.

·
East Central MN
609 Posts
We had 31F below at our house Monday night, real temp, not windchill. We have two ponies outside, no barn, just a run in shed that has 3 sides and the south side is half covered during the winter. You rarely see them go in it, even in this cold. They'll stand along side of it to get out of the wind, but not in it. The ponies are out of the wind in their tarp covered hoop house, they just burrow into the bales of hay we have in their with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts