Hey Pyrnad...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Red Devil TN, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Red Devil TN

Red Devil TN Well-Known Member

Since every thread is getting deleted instead of locked I figure I need to make a thread just for this bit of 'advice' (and this is a GOOD example for everyone else looking to buy property):

I just pulled the 'advice' part out of the rest of the post so the BBS Police don't get all offended again. ;)

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

And a perfect example of title search and title insurance protection that is needed.

It just gives you another leg to stand on...

3. Red Devil TN

The sad part is I told the title examiner and the bank of the error and he and they still signed off on the deed! The assessor even confirmed it in writing before the purchase! I've been waiting since Jan. for the surveyor to come out. :rolleyes:

4. frazzlehead

frazzlehead AppleJackCreek Supporter

So, Red Devil, what does it mean for you ... do you own more or less than you thought you did?

What a hassle. I'm so glad that my land was surveyed for subdivision just before I bought it - the surveyor's stakes are still in the ground and easy to see.

5. Red Devil TN

No, no more land, nor a real hassle, I knew ahead of time the correct dimensions. It would have meant a good bit more if angled in to the other side, but the way the property is cut, well, the dimension is patently in error. It would make no sense when laid out, nor relationally to the other properties. In fact all my markers are still out there except the two that mark that leg. lol!

6. Windy_jem

Windy_jem Well-Known Member Supporter

Just bumping this back up :)