Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be because they have cut so far back on fossil fuels. So they are not sending up CO2 and other things to generate condensation in the atmosphere.

Or . . . maybe God's teaching them a lesson.

:)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It may be because they have cut so far back on fossil fuels. So they are not sending up CO2 and other things to generate condensation in the atmosphere.

I like the way you think analytically.

In the same vein, I've figured out why the oceans are rising-- GW is killing off the coral reefs so there's not as many sponges left to soak up all the extra water.

·
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it has rained almost every day here in Mississippi this summer. I have never seen as wet a July.

I reckon either we are still using lots of fossil fuel, or we are still going to church . . . or both. 😜

South Mississippi has already gotten as much rainfall as they normally get in a whole year:

Link

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,669 Posts
South Texas is experiencing an unusual monsoon season. There won’t be pecans this year from that region. They can’t make hay. Row crops are suffering.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,669 Posts
When the California folks left the west coast, they seem to have brought the rain with them. Our pecan crop is ruined due to excessive rain. Hay farmers can’t get in the fields at all. It is a mess.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I like the way you think analytically.

In the same vein, I've figured out why the oceans are rising-- GW is killing off the coral reefs so there's not as many sponges left to soak up all the extra water.
More logical fallacy practice, thank you Doc!

·
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s an awful thing to say. But then again I’d expect no less from you based on your history.
Thanks. I take that as a compliment. :)

Reactions: po boy

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
We are in a drought now. Kind of nice that I don't have to cut (more like "bale") my 3/4 acre "lawn" each week!

Reactions: NRA_guy

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Don't doubt it a bit but what about the Pacific northwest? They are in serious trouble also. I wonder if we are dealing with the every 150 years or so climate shifts. Probably more boring than that though, like Aliens.

Reactions: NRA_guy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts