Hey Everyone, Im new Here!!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by DazzleBunny, Dec 30, 2005.

1. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hey All,

Finally got so I can post here! Hopefully I can figure all this out! I am located in Washington St. Any fellow Washingtonians here??
    I currently raise Checkered Giants, Mini Lop, Harlequin, and a few Rex. I do show, but havent bothered to raise any for meat yet.
    We are looking into that, depending on the demand, and also hides too.

Just thought I would say hi to everyone!

Stephanie
    www.freewebs.com/dazzlebunnyacres

2. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

Hi, Dazzlebunny. NeHi Mama here. Welcome. We're a pretty nice bunch once you get to know us. I'm in Missouri. Used to raise Checkered Giants exclusively when I lived in Michigan. Just something about that breed.

Now I'm just raising "mutts" for meat and the enjoyment of it. Have ONE SINGLE Checker here, descended from the bunch I'd brought down from Michigan a couple years ago. She's a solid blue, though. Still like her alot.

Hope to hear from you often.

NeHi Mama

3. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Hello DazzleBunny! (love your name)

Your Vander is lovely, aren't quarter horses great?

I'm glad to find someone who raises Checkereds- seems they are becoming quite rare and are one of my favorite breeds. I've heard they have a somewhat nasty temperament, how are yours?

4. CountryDreams

CountryDreams Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. I am in Missouri and I raise New Zealands, Mini Rex and Mini Lops right now. I am looking to get into some Angoras, probably the French and English. They are so cute. I don't show rabbits. I mostly raise for pet and for meat.

5. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Hi and welcome! We live in Virginia and raise, show, and eat Californians--getting startted with Creme D'Argents. Rabbit meat is pretty tasty!

6. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hey there!
    I love the Checkereds, which lines did you have? I am getting some shortly from Nebraska, and I cant wait! I have one of my does with a litter of crossbreds right now. They all LOOK Checkered, but gawd only knows what the dad was! The kids decided she needed lovin,lol.
    Stephanie

7. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hi Xandra,
    My checkereds CAN be a little grouchy some days! LOL It does seem like they are getting fewer and fewer. The mini rex and other dwarf breeds are really popular around here.
    Ahh, my Vander... I owned him for about 18 years! He sure was a great horse, and turned me out some darn nice foals! I miss him so much! Dang colic anyway!! I have one quarter pony daughter of his here, she is the funniest little horse!
    Stephanie

8. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hi Country!
    I would love to find some NZ reds!! I sure dont see many of those anywhere!! I have a litter of mini lops in the box right now, and 2 litters on the way. I think I will breed the harlequin does pretty soon. They seem to be ok in size meat wise, and NEAT colored hides!!
    Stephanie

9. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hey Rabbit gal,
    I have a friend that has a few calis. They are pretty nice rabbits! I originally thought of the Cremes before the Checkereds, the Champagnes are nice too. Sure wouldnt mind having one,LOL! I want them all!
    Stephanie

10. CountryDreams

CountryDreams Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. My rabbits were multiplying but not from natural means. I just kept bringing more and more home. It got so bad that my husband would worry when I took a pet taxi or my transport cage with me to go to a show or swap meet.
    I have mostly NZ whites but I have a buck that would be considered an agouti color I believe. Breed him to my white does and I end up with some black NZ's and some the same color as the buck. He throws off some good size babies. I kept a buck back from a recent litter that looks just like his dad. I have no idea how old Max is (the dad) so I wanted to keep one back.

I love my rabbits. I have made a little money selling them but not that much. I mostly do it for the fun of them and to keep some meat in the freezer.

11. DazzleBunny

DazzleBunny Member

Hey Country,

Yes, I am the same way. Well not so much now, but at first... We have a livestock auction every saturday... well everytime I go I come home with some kind of animal! Bunnys, chickens, pheasants, quail, plants.. tried for a goat and pig one day but got outbid,lol.
    They are so cheap some weeks, its hard not to.
    I show, so now my stock is pedigreed, and I buy at shows and such. But sometimes there is the cutest bunny in the sale barn, and for 2 or 3 dollars, who can pass!!

I only have 11 large bunnys right now, and 11 babys- so Im not too bad off! But I do have some coming in from Nebraska soon, and plenty of does bred! I hope my show season is a good one!!
    Stephanie