HeroScape?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by MOJILL, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have kid's playing Heroscape? This is actually a board game.......

My son wants it....but it looks like it's a game that requires space and time.

Is this something that can be played and finished in one sitting or would I have to plan to have the card table up for some time? - like when working on a jigsaw puzzle?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Jill

2. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Johnnie says that he has seen this game being played. He wants one for Christmas too, btw. He says that you decide how you want the game board to be set up, you are given suggested scenarios on the back of the charter cards, but that the games that he has seen played are ususally done quickly. There are expansion packs that you can buy to enhance the game. Please keep in mind that this is based on him watching other kids playing but that he has never played it himself. I wonder if there are websites that talk about it? BRB.

Ok, I am back. Try this link. It tells more details than what J gave me to tell you. HTH

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/11170

God bless you and yours
    Debbie

3. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I am leery of games that require, or at least strongly encourage you to keep purchasing "expansion packs." Like Yugioh for example!

DH saw this in the store and thought our son might like it. He's 8, and not really into board games so much, so he might be a bit young yet. I'll be interested in reading what others have to say.

4. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

My son had one before our fire..he really liked it. It's not at all like the card games that come out with endless expansion packs..or at least not that much like it...as far as I know it only has a few different ones.

5. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

My 12 year old plays it with a friend of his and has it on his christmas list as most wanted game. I find this impressive being he has reading delays and usually is atracteed to video games first.
    From my understanding it is a board game/3 dimensional puzzle. It seems a bit liek the game RISK and Dungeons&Dragons. The expansion sets duplicate characters and allow for more pieces to build your board like you want it. The child decides which peices and characters to use in each game. The main set seems like it take a bit of room. Maybe too large for a card table although if built up liek a castle ro something it would take up less room. The length of game depends on how developed the playing field is and how many characters. It is never the same game twice from my understanding. I wouldnt say it si an endless investment ebign you have to ahve the room for the setup..lol.
    Good luck form another Heroscape captive..lol

6. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

Both our boys are video hounds so when they wanted Heroscape for Christmas I was relieved. I am hoping it is something they can play together and maybe become a little closer as they fight alot. Ours are 10 & 12.

7. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been trying to understand all the info I've been reading about heroscape but it is all so confusing to me. So many different packages to choose from and I don't know what is needed. My boys are older and it says that they will need the master set. I understood that but that is about all. I don't know what to buy from amongst all the choices. I'll keep trying to figure it out though because it sounds like something they would enjoy.