Here's The Bottom Line From My view Folks

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NWSneaky, Mar 17, 2005.

1. NWSneaky

NWSneaky Well-Known Member

I am 62 years old. I have kids 7. 10 and 13. I do raise my own food. I do garden. I raise all kinds of critters. My 'big kid' is one fat boy but he does well. I owned several thousands of acres. But NOW Uncle pays me $25,000 a year to sit on my butt and big kid earns about $40,000. So explain to me, what is a troll please. BTW, as a full bird in 'Nam I mighta brought one of your dangeds home alive and well.

2. momofmany

momofmany Dayenu farms

colo-Dado! As my enthusiatic 4 yo calls it.
    I did say you were trolling. And it honestly seems as though you are, so I will answer what a troll/ or trolling is. It is going to a web forum or a web list and saying things to pick a fight. Maybe I have misread your intentions and maybe it is possible that you are simply trying to encourage people to really think about the why's of what they believe. But from this side of the screen it honestly just looks like you are starting fights and fueds for no good reason. If your intentions are to get people thinking then it would benefit many of us If you found a better way to do that.

edited to add another thought***
    As a Veteran you have many insights that would be valuble...but they are hard to get to, If no one can see them past being infuriated with you. Nope, I am not suggesting super Political correctness, just better communication.

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

A troll is typically someone who posts deliberately inflamatory statements only to get attention and get everyone riled up. Frankly, that's what it seemed like you were doing with all the posts about dogs and killing.

Sorry if that wasn't your intention, but that is what it came off as.

4. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

You are 62 and have a 7 year old???

5. gonecountry

gonecountry Member

My thoughts exactly..................

6. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Hey folks, I am only 50 and my grandfather fought in the Civil War. He was in his teens toward the end of the war. He was 67 when my father was born, and my dad was 47 when I was born. Life happens, you know??

:)

7. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

And which one's the fat boy who makes $40,000 grand a year? I have a 4 year old--he's pretty skinny but he's not pulling down anything close to 40Gs, though Grammy sends him $5 for his birthday every year, which helps with the toy budget.

He digs a mean potato, though.

8. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

I gotta tell ya, from what I've read of this person's posts you can't believe a word he/she says. My apologies if you are indeed a veteran but your posts have led me to believe otherwise.

9. gonecountry

gonecountry Member

Thats freakin' funny!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. tooltime

tooltime Border Ruffian

Fin,

I almost wet myself I was laughin' so hard from your post. That was a good one.

I'm just taking a guess here, but I wonder if the big kid/fat boy isn't a stud horse or beef bull.

He's obviously got a pretty high opinion of himself -- might be he suffers from "I" disease.

11. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

Could be sun damage--I hear it gets pretty bright there up on that soap box...

12. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Fin :haha: :haha: :haha: That is too funny!!!! NW I think you come across as a person who likes to pick fights so if that is what you are after please post in General chat those folks will be more n happy to chew you up and spit you out!! Bless them GC Hill Billies!!!!!! (((((((GC)))))))) ;)
    We only want opinions that are helpful. If you disagree fine but you do not need to be so negitave about our ideals. Eveyone has an opinion like the saying goes...... but hey be nice!!!!

13. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

My dh will be 53 this year and has a 3 year old and 19mo......................did you have a point?

Excuse the thread drift.

14. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

Come on, guys, move it on over to the Singles forum.

15. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

Shoot..that's nothing..my old fart father in law who's in his 80's has a 2 yr old.

16. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

Redneck woman .. your DH obviously had a point!

17. duke3522

duke3522 Well-Known Member

DW's GreatGrandma's dad had 27 kids with 5 different wives. the first three were all sisters and Miami indians. Dw's Greatgrandma was the last of them. Born when her dad was 97. She lived to be 101 and sharp as a whip until about 10 days before she died. I really enjoyed talking to her. A lot of wisdom.

Duke

18. William

William Member

Now that's husbandry!

19. silentcrow

silentcrow Furry Without A Clue

That's nothing. I have a friend who is going on 66 and has a 7 year old :worship:

20. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

thats a great idea.... have em while your old, and by the time they hit their teens and youve enjoyed their little kid stage, you die.

I often wished for death when my nephews hit puberty..

lol