Herbal antibiotic?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by largentdepoche, Jan 20, 2007.

1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

This is for my Mom. Her doctor won't give her any antibiotics even with a sign of a present infection and a fever for a long time.

She has been taking grape seed extract, but it really aren't putting a dent into her infection or helping her heal that much.

Mom has been taking garlic I think too, but I'm not sure about that.

Can anyone recommend any good herbal antibiotic? I'd be very grateful for any information!

Mom has been taking the grape seed for some months now so it's not a question of length...I just don't think it's strong enough to combat her infection levels.

Thanks!

Kat

2. Marilyn in CO

Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

golden seal, aloe vera, garlic, echinacea(only short term), taheebo(Pau D' Arco), mullein(for upper respiratory) Depends on where her infection is located. I personally like Pau D'Arco for general infections. Infections are toughies and it does take a personalized program.

3. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

Don't knock the garlic! Another name for it is Poor Man's Treacle (Treacle being an old word for 'medicine'.) It has multiple uses, so is a good all-rounder.

Medicinal Actions of Garlic: Antibiotic, antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antiviral, cardiotonic, antioxidant, rubefacient, antitoxic, anti-diarrhoeal, immunostimulant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, anti-hypertensive, carminative, oestrogenic, antidepressant, febrifuge, anthelmintic, antiseptic, cholagogue, hypoglycaemic, diuretic, expectorant, diaphoretic, thyroid stimulant, antitumour, antimutagenic, emmenagogue, possible cortisone-like properties.

Warning: Avoid large doses of garlic if suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, or if suffering from restlessness, insomnia with accompanying exhaustion, thirst and dehydration. Therapeutic use should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. Ingesting more than 10 raw cloves per day can be toxic. Pure, undiluted juice used externally can burn sensitive skin. (Remember that garlic can be absorbed through the skin.) Garlic capsules combined with diabetes medication can cause a dangerous decrease in blood sugars. Do not use garlic if taking any of the following: Aspirin. Anticoagulants. Diabetes medications. Hypoglycaemic drugs. Antiplatelet drugs. Warfarin. Some people who are sensitive to garlic may experience heartburn and flatulence. Never use essential oil in the ear – use only the diluted juice, or infused oil for earaches.

Garlic, eaten often, will protect against diseases such as cholera, candida, typhyus, staphyloccus, salmonella and dysentery. A decoction of the bulb, used diluted as a wash, is also effective as a preventative of infection during the nursing of patients suffering from these diseases.

An infusion of the rhizome of Goldenseal is a good antibiotic treatment.

Horseradish root eaten, is a good antibiotic treatment.

Nasturtium seeds, eaten, act as an antibiotic.

Chamomile, Echinacea, Garlic, Goldenseal, Hops, Juniper Berries, Pao D’Arco, Peach Bark, Red Clover, Rosemary Oil, Thyme, Turmeric

4. Earthbound

Earthbound Well-Known Member

http://www.all-natural.com/silver-1.html
    A link to some info on colliodal silver. I have been taking it for years as has my entire family for as long as i can remember. I swear by the stuff! Many an ailment has been treated with success on my behalf and i also use it on the animals.
    corry

5. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Astragalus works VERY well, but it may depend on what her problem is.

6. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member Supporter

I am a BIG fan of Goldenseal tincture. It not only is a safe, yet powerful antibiotic, but also has healing properties as well if it touches the site of infection/virus/sore/etc.

If an antibiotic is immediately needed, it is very important to take consume whatever you choose as a tincture or tea. Tinctures generally work better. Start with an initial dose of 2 dropperfuls in a little water; from then on, 1 dropperful, 3 times a day. If you see no improvement after a couple of days, increase it to 2 dropperfuls, 3 times a day.

7. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful replies! :) I forwarded the info to my Mom too! :)

Kat

8. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

Extra Zinc is helpful for infections but the only alternative antibiotic that I have found to be effective is Colloidal Silver, the silver will work systemically like a conventional antibiotic. There is some scary info about bad side effects from Silver but I have not experienced any bad side effects at all, its all good. I think the bad info is about Colloidal Silver that is made using an inferior process, the technology for making it has greatly improved in recent years, just make sure you get the best out there and the best I have found is Meso Silver, www.mesosilver.com, check out the testimonials. Colloidal Silver will also kill off the good bacteria in the gut so you need to also be taking a good probiotic with this.

9. linn

linn Well-Known Member Supporter

Oil of wild oregano is supposed to be a natural antibiotic. Make sure that it is from Wild Oregano, the real stuff. The following website has information on oil of wild oregano:
    http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html