Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Like Cindielynne, I have my non-invasive herbs in the perennial garden. All of the mints, including lemon balm and bergamot, have their own bed. Chamomile can also self seed like wildfire here in zone 5, but I love it so much that I just pull the little ones up and plant them in a clump wherever I find a place, or toss them to the hens. I usually buy mine as plants. Our garden center sells little pots for $3, and if they are perrenial, they will get big in no time and last for years. Having a few gardener friends helps as well, as most of us are happy to share when we divide in spring or fall. I've seen people grow container herb gardens, but you have to water religiously (I never remember). A meadow will be difficult. Anything that mother nature plants in a place is bound to take over the things we put in! So many herbs have beautiful textures and colors, and only add to the flower or vegitable garden!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.