hens and chicks (plants)

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by randy in central missouri, May 10, 2005.

1. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

I know this sounds kind of goofy, but i really like hens and chicks. I'm planning on growning these and selling them in containers at farmers markets and festivals. are there any other hens and chick fanaticks out there. i have only 4 or 5 varieties, but would love to trade for more varieties. I went to one site and found over 500 different varieties. I am planning on buying about 25 or so kinds. and possibly trade for different ones someday.

randy

2. misslinda

misslinda Well-Known Member

Very good Randy!! I only have a few and that's coz my grandmother always had them in her garden. I did not realize that there more than one kind of hens&chicks until you posted here. Oh I can't imagine that many different kinds!! I'll search the net and take a look at some.

3. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Randy,

Would you be kind enough to share that site with us? I'd really like to see it.

4. 4nTN

4nTN Well-Known Member

Wow...500 different types!..I just planted the only type I knew existed in some strawberry pots,they look great!
    I`d love to take a look at that website you found Randy..and good luck selling...I bought mine...so I`m sure you could sell them.

5. airotciv

airotciv Well-Known Member Supporter

I also love Sempervivums and Sedums, I have about 25 to 30 different ones. Would be glad to send you some or any one starts. Would also like to trade. Just PM me if you what some. I'm not sure of all the names, dogs keep running off with the name tags. :haha:

6. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

squaw mountoin is the name of the nursery.

7. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Awesome site Randy! Thanks for sharing. There goes at least an hour or two on this site. :)