hemmroids

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by doc623, Dec 19, 2006.

1. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Any personal experience with alternative treatments both external and internal treatments?
    Thanks

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Water soluable fiber helps keep the bowel movements soft and going. I eat around 10-15 grams of fiber a day. You might be able to use a Metamucial supplement or the like daily.

Spending alot of time on the toilet (reading etc) puts pressure on your rear end. That makes the hemmroids worse.

Straining is the worst thing you can do. If you're constipated, you should consider a stool softner or something like that to help move your bowels along. Drink alot of water, the intestines need tons to keep stuff moving.

Over the counter hemmroid creams are good if you're sore. If your rear itches they do have cooling hemmroid cream also, that stuff is good.

I hope this helps.

Kat

3. Abe R Crombie

Abe R Crombie Well-Known Member

Witch Hazel realy works well.
    Abe

4. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

1, eat lots more fruits and vegetables. constipation is the number one cause of hemorrhoids.

2. drink at least a liter of water ech day to soften your stool.

these two things will prevent problems in the future.

for now, i can tell you the cure my dad swore by, but i hope i never have to try. he took a big fingerfull of vicks salve and pushed them back. he said it set him on fire, but it worked. :help:

5. ET1 SS

ET1 SS zone 5 - riverfrontage Supporter

I have [a couple times over the years] had to push them suckers back up inside.

Each time, I loaded up on the fiber powders for a few days, and the entire issue went away.

The corpsmen have always been ready and willing to go up in there to burn them off, but I have always preferred to try the fiber route first [before some OJT goof-ball corpsman reading the procedure from a manual tries cutting or burning anything on my body].

Now if I were a civilian, and if my medical coverage were from some civilian hospital where you could be seen by doctors who had attended college and medical schooling; then maybe it would be different.

:)

6. tn_junk

tn_junk Living Simply

I've had them suckers for years. Used to bother me a lot but I did three things that helped.

1. Drink lots, lots, lots of water.
    2. Eat lots and lots of fiber. Keeps things moving. Constipation is your worst enemy.
    3. If it don't come out easy, don't strain. (can't think of a more delicate way of putting it). Straining just makes them poke out further.

Dr. told me about 10, 11 years ago that I needed surgery. Haven't had it yet and don't intend on it. They bother me a little every now and then, but not enough to get cut on.

galump

7. orangehen

orangehen Well-Known Member

My sister asked me about that awhile ago - I googled "Natural remedies for hemorrhoids" and got lots of material - sent it to her. She liked the apple cider vinegar treatment (outside), said "Thank you so much, I can sleep nights now!". You could try that, or look at all the other things people recommend - different things work for different people.

8. DJHagan

DJHagan Member

Witch hazel, Zinc Oxide, and ice packs. I've been prone to them for a long time now, but they turned into piles of terrible, horrible, hideous flaming hemmorhoids when I gave birth to my younger daughter. Her doctor gave me a prescription for a prescription-strength tube of hydrocortizone that worked wonders.

I guess the ice usually worked the best, but not all that workable for internal ones. Recently found out about a molded cold treatment for this purpose, see http://anuice.co.uk/

--Diana