Helping someone in Mississipi find a buck to use

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mpillow, Sep 3, 2006.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone w/ contact info. or possibly a buck to loan to a fellow member (not me) Close to South Central Miss.possibly something in Southwestern Alabama? and South East Louisiana?

I think they want something Nubian but anything is better than no Spring kids or milk supply...

I looked and found this....

arm Name: Whispering Willow Acres
    Description: We raise Purebred Nubians. All with the Smooth Operator bloodline..
    Owner Name: Pamela Heathcock
    Owner Email: wwacres@datasync.com
    URL: http://geocities.com/Whispering_Willow_Acres/
    Address:
    City: Lucedale
    State: MS
    Zip: 39452

2. sixstrothers

sixstrothers Hallelujah Dairy

I know Pamela and she is a very nice person. She is an excellent choice or you might try a freind of mine that I make her website http://www.geocities.com/just_4_goats her name is Sheila Lee. She lives in Mobile. I believe she actually has some bucks for sale.

3. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati New Member

Janet Cooper may know of someone- she sold several buck kids with really good milking lines to people in that area this year. Her web-site is http://www.2-gfarm.com/index.html

4. mpillow

These folks are having a bit of a rough time due to Katrina and health issues...I have suggested they offer a Spring kid in lieu of breeding services....they are looking for milk and meat just for there own purposes....CAN anyone help in trade?

5. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

I have a sanaan buckling I'd offer to let them use if they'd pick him up and bring him back. No need for anything in return unless they'd not want the kids, in which case I'd buy them for a discounted price if I like the way they'd look. He's a spring kid, but I'm sure he will work. He's rather meaty for a sanaan, which may be a plus if she wants meat kids and dairy genes. I also have a nubian buck, but I am using him myself this year, and the girls are pasture bred.

6. Reauxman

7. mpillow

Thats very generous of you RooMan, Thank YOU!...I'm hoping something works out....I suspect they'll pm you if interested..not sure how they are for transportation at the moment :shrug:

8. Reauxman

They did contact me, still waiting to hear back as to where they are in the state. I may be able to get him part of the way there if they will let me know where they are.