Helpful Sites for hoof care and more!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Farmgirl2005, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

Hey Yall,
    I contacted, via email, for some information on hoof care he gave me his advice. He said he checks them every 4-6 weeks and he said that here are two sites that maybe able to help. So here they are:
    ~http://www.boergoatshome.com/hooves.php and
    ~http://www.ehow.com/how_5668_trim-goat-hooves.html
    They also have links that maybe able to help with other questions. Such as how to properly feed your goat, kidding calculations, goat anatomny etc. So please also check these sites out for refrences. I do not want anyone to stop coming here but they are just another source of information.
    Hope this helps some of you,
    Lyn :rolleyes:

2. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

please let me know if this helps you.
    Lyn

3. Nancy_in_GA

Nancy_in_GA Well-Known Member

Lyn,
    The first website helps a lot---particularly the sketches from the *side* view. Thank you. -Nancy

4. BiGtImEfArMeRs4

BiGtImEfArMeRs4 Well-Known Member

The first one helps sooo much!! The second one helps a little but not as much. Thanks this is just what I was looking for!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Lori

5. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

It has long been a tradition to post links to other sources of info on the homesteading today site, so you did good!

Please take note that a carpenters plane IS NOT the correct name for the tool, a plane will cut large chunks if not adjusted correctly, a woodworking plane does not look like a cheese grater it has a razor like blade that is adjusted for depth and when used on wood it produces curls of wood, not shreds. So when you go to look at one or to buy one, make sure it is like a cheese grater.