Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by famer_manda, Apr 23, 2006.

1. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

I have seen 2 front legs for a hour.. Mama is in a lot of pain. I think she tried passing another kids bag which was all an amber color. I tried pulling on legs but shes stuck hard core... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

2. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Get someone to hold the goat or tie her by a collar down low. Have her stand up, then fold her front legs so she's on her knees. Then put your hand in and try to work whatever's in the birth canal back into the doe. With her front end downward, things should open up quite a bit. Once everything is in, feel around and straighten out the kids. Line a kid's head up with the forelegs and guide it out the birth canal being VERY careful not to put a hoof or fingernail through the thin, stretched tissue where the uterus meets the cervix. Good luck, and let us know!

3. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

im praying for you.

4. famer_manda

I think the baby is dead.. its not moving. I tried pushing back in but she is screaming. I will try more. I am close to crying. I wish I knew what I was doing

5. myheaven

is the babies head twisted back? or is another tring to come threw also

6. Laura Workman

The baby is probably dead, with it's head caught inside the uterus. You can't just push it back in. You have to put your hand alongside it and guide it in. Her front end has to be lower than her back end. She will indeed scream, but if you don't fix this she'll die, so do what you have to.

7. Laura Workman

Without experience, you really need to call a vet if it's at all possible. Your doe is going to be miserable, but she won't die for some time, so a vet will have time to get there and save her. Man, I wish I were there. Not that I'm the pro, but at least I've done it before. Take care.

8. Laura Workman

Or a nearby experienced goat person as suggested above. Anyone will help you. Where exactly are you? I'll look in my ADGA book for some breeders near you and give you their numbers.

9. famer_manda

It looks bad. I can't do anything. We will be praying something miraciously happens by morning but for now its bedtime. Im mentally,emotionally and physically spent.

10. myheaven

can you get a vet to her?

11. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooo... You can't leave her like this. You can do this. She will scream, but you just have to do it. Push the legs back in and find the head. Get the head lined up with the legs, then pull the baby out. Your hand will be way in there, and she will scream because it hurts, but it's what you have to do. Just keep ahold of the head because it will want to turn back again since it's been stuck there for so long. If you have to, you can hook a finger in the eye socket to keep ahold of it while you pull it out. Then check for another one too.

Oh please please, I hope you read this before you go to bed.

12. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

So not trying to be nasty or anything but....what do you mean it's bed time?!!! You can't let that doe suffer with a baby hanging only part way out! You need to find SOMEONE anyone that has livestock in general, vet...anykind, someone to help you! It is not fair to your little doe who is counting on you to care for her to let her try to do this on her own. You will lose her and the babies too if you do NOTHING! PLEASE DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!!

Tracy,
    Southwestern, NY

13. myheaven

If you wont do anything to help her then put her out of her misery and shoot her. I couldnt bear to be stuck like this. Im so sad for her

14. famer_manda

Im reading pages.. i can't sleep

No vet around here.. nearest one is 45 miles away

15. famer_manda

What can I do when she wont push anymre? Do I pull anyways?

16. famer_manda

i can't leave her ... i dont know how im going to take care of my kids tomorrow. I am going to be exhausted. I have 5 children. My nearly 8 yr old s tayed up with me.

17. famer_manda

I dont know anyone besides you all who has goats, I wasn't raised in the country or on a farm. I live in a county in which I only knw my inlaws. My husband raised cows but they never delivered any. I feel horrible. i dont want my girl to die

18. myheaven

I have 5 also and am to concerned to sleep. You have to do some thing. You cantr just leave her. Call a neighbor who deals with goats. SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! Dont just leave her please.

Coffee is a great pick me upper

19. famer_manda

im going.. someone is calling me on my cell and they are going to help me over the phone. I will give it my all

20. myheaven

call your in laws to help
    anything