Help With Yard Please....

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by CountryLisa, Jan 17, 2004.

1. CountryLisa

CountryLisa Member

This is coming out my back door.[​IMG]
    This is the other direction from the back door on the other side of sidewalk.[​IMG]
    This is other side of pine treein pic number 1..(right now greyhound loves to run around treeLOL)[​IMG]
    Top of neighbors tree(gets alot of leaves in summer)next to yellow garage[​IMG]
    This is area directly behind pine tree(which some day I will cut down and maybe put a gazebo in)[​IMG]
    And this is small area next to garage from picture number 2.[​IMG]
    I would like to put a vegetable /herb garden in near the house and plant flower /bird garden in the very back to block the view to the alley..
    Any tips on what to plant there?
    Thanks,Lisa

2. CountryLisa

CountryLisa Member

(this is a test..)http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/CountryLisa/yard/DSCF0004.jpg
    [​IMG]

3. jersey

jersey Member

Dear Lisa,

I'm wondering what zone you are in? Possibly Zone 5? I noticed the Jewel/Osco store in the picture...reminds me of Chicago area. I'm in Zone 5 too and could give you a list of plants that did well for me. I'll try to attach a picture of my gardens (I'm in the country now)[​IMG]

Let me know your climate and we can trade some ideas.

Catherine

4. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

First thing I thought is, do you know your planting zone? IF not what is your approximate location? This important for you to have sucess in planting.
    Second, which way is north in these pictures? Important to determine what has shade/sun when.
    Third, do you have animals? I saw the comment about the dog but couldnt determine if he was yours. If yours, dont plant where he already runs or you can spend many years replanting or replacing dead plants, it might be a good location for the gazebo ( would give him something new to run around :rolleyes:) . Animals have a tendancy to like certain plants and you will need to either plant natural deterants (plants) or put up a good gaurd.

Kathy

5. CountryLisa

CountryLisa Member