help with hip and hand exercise

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Sparticle, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

I started on foot exercises not too long ago and it's really helping. I recently felt warmth in my feet for the first time in a long time and I didn't even realize they were not warm. I was just doing my exercises and all of a sudden a wonderful warmth came over my feet and I had forgotten what it felt like. So these simple exercises have become part of my daily routine and I hope I have healthier feet in the future.

I'm having problems with my hips and hands not feeling as healthy as I'd like them to. I want them to return to a healthy state and not deteriorate any further. Can someone help me with any preventative or restorative simple exercises that I can incorporate into my day to help?

Yesterday it was so bad I realized I needed to do something. I was not able to bend over and take the hay bales from my pig's trailer to get it re-done with the scrap carpet last night and winter is coming. I have to get better quickly. That trailer is getting re-done this weekend whether I feel like it or not. But, if I had my choice, I'd rather feel like it.

There's so much stuff on the internet, I'd just like to know if someone can point me in the right direction. I've done acupuncture a lot in the past and my old knee jerk reaction would have been to run off to acupuncture. But, I don't have the money right now and I'm just not in the mood for the pain.

2. Marilyn in CO

Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

Maybe you could focus on your feet, since you are doing that already, to help your back/hip problems. Use the foot reflexology charts that can be found on the web and work on those corresponding areas. Find the tender spots on the foot that relate to the hip and spine and press/message several times a day or have someone do it for you.....that's always nicer.:) It does work, I am a reflexologist and am always amazed at the results that can be acheived. So simple, so cheap and so effective.

3. Sparticle

I had a foot chart and gave it away. I'll go online and look for another. I was just hoping there were some simple things I could do to get warmth and blood going to the hip area. the little made up things I do to try to get the pain to go away just aren't working.

4. Sparticle

Ok, found the hip on the foot chart. will work on that - thanks.