Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year at Christmas money is tight, so we decided to draw names and put a limit of $30.00 on the gift.

I could use some suggestions with both of my sons. I got one of their names and my husband got the other.

One is 20 and is kinda a computer/game nut. Very laid back and easy going.

The other is 27 and got out of the Air Force in February after serving almost 8 years in the service. Served twice in Iraq and once in Afghanistan. Not the same young man that I saw leave when he was 18.

They both work and are able to get what they want, when they want it.

So any good suggestions???????????? :shrug:

·
Banned
10,456 Posts
Ok, Here is something that I have done and it has gone over very well.

Everyone on my list eats. Each person is special and each person has a personal like or dislike of certain foods.

I got spices picked out for each person.

Chinese food lover got ginger and garlic and chinese 5 spice rice wine vinger, ect
Italian lover got things like, garlic, oregano, jars of special olives ect
Mexican cummin, different heats of dried peppers ect.

It was fun and it did go over well. Note when the people were to be mail I stuck to just the spices it was a breeze to ship and I hope that it showed that some though went into the gift that it was not just a item on an end cap display of "gifts under xxx dollars"

·
Registered
329 Posts
For the computer game 20 year old there are many games you can get for 30. or less. You don't have to buy new. Try ebay. Ask what type of games. roll playing? etc.

·
Can't stop thinkin'
1,267 Posts
If they can normally get whatever they want; how about donating to a charity in their name? Box of nails for Habitat for Humanity or critter from Heffer international? Money goes to good cause and bet they don't have that gift!

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Nana, my 23 year old son asked for a "hoodie" sweatshirt, you can get them with team names, or brand names, but young men like them. Be sure you know what the print on the front means, if you get a shirt. Bought a t shirt for son from our local feed store. It said "bad feed"- thought that was cute with the picture- of a donkey. (bad donkey feed store)- I didn't get it- he did when he opened it up in front of preacher father in law. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Being boys I bet they would love their favorite food/dessert that they don't get all the time. My grandmother used to make meals and freeze them for the adult grandchildren (the favorite was her chicken and noodles). Or the dessert they like best just for them. After all, even if they can cook it never tastes like Mom makes. Do it for both of them and tell the one that Dad hired you out for the name he drew.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My son 26, my cousin 49, are getting a Stainly Thermos from us plus a new pair of winter socks. I got the Themos
on sale for 17 dollars for black friday sale socks 5 dollars for one pair but they are those thick ones for winter. I have a 20 limit on gifts so alot of stuff I make. Hats, scarfs, knit socks. You can buy 100 % wool yarn at Hobby Lobby or off the internet. I get fishermans wool and it 8.00 a skein. You can make a pair of mans socks or a hat and scarf with one skein. If you don't knit you can make hats and scarfs from Polar Fleece and there are quick easy patterns. They also have knit hats that are lined with polar fleece at wal mart and they look very very warm for under 10.oo There in the mens dept.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts