Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that a friend of mine who lives four hours away is stuck in the hospital. She is pregnant, not quite 25 weeks, and her water broke earlier this week. Apparently she will have to stay in the hospital until at least 34 weeks, longer if she can convince them to leave the baby be. She has five or six kids that she home schools and they range from teenagers to very young but she is so far away I can't help in person.

I was thinking of sending her a care package but I'm sure what they could really use is home cooked meals or a maid ! Then I think about how she must be going stir crazy stuck in a hospital and thought I could send her a box of fun things to keep her mind occupied. But I'm at a loss (and lost in the daydream I might be able to be stuck away for nine weeks). ;)

What can I gather to send her ?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
books
magazines
puzzle books
"tavern puzzles" - those things that look like bits of twisted metal that you have to fiddle with until you can get them apart
a Rubiks cube
a deck of cards and printed instructions for a couple kinds of solitaire
a skein or 2 of yarn, knitting needles/crochet hooks and baby patterns
hand lotion
snack foods - send that poor woman some chocolate!
a blank journal and a nice pen

gift cards for her family for local restaurants

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I'm thinking more on the 'after' part. Could you send her a maid? Is there a way you could pre-pay someone local to her area to clean 1x a week? How about calling a local pizza place to them and paying for pizzas to be delivered 1x a week. Do they have one of those online grocery delivery services? Maybe do that once she gets home?

:)

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,911 Posts
Sorry about your friend. Maybe you can send a beginner type cookbook to the house? Sounds like some of the kids are older and could step up, just need guidance and encouragement?

For her, something to read, something to do with her hands, something to graze on besides hospital food.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
you can make a book....get an album....cut out poems, funny cartoons, etc.....place a small baby gift and tie a ribbon around week one.....small baby gift and a few more pages for week two....that way, she will have a few pages each week to untie and look at....tiny baby socks, etc.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts