Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, put on your thinking caps. My DH and I are starting a company with my sister and her husband. We will be installing air conditioning alarm systems. The names of the alarms are " AC Watchdogs". We want the name to be able to transition into other home heat/air/security products in the future.

So, pertinent info is:
Our last names, Lawson and Briscoe
We live in Oklahoma City
We will be working in Oklahoma and Texas

We want our name to be catchy and sound technically proficient, reliable and secure.

For example,

"Guardian Home Environment Services" , home of the AC Watchdog

I can't wait to hear your suggestions, you all are so creative.

Thanks, Kimberly

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
How about LB Alarm? or LB Heating and Cooling? The company I use here is called Sunview Heating and Cooling, because the owner used to live on Sunview Road.

In reality, the name doesn't really matter much, successful businesses offer a valuable service at a fair price and are honest and reliable. A catchy or cute name isn't going to fix a bad business.

What is an AC alarm anyway, and why would I want to pay you to put one in my house? Never heard of it before.

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
This just popped into my head... Secure Air. Several possible meanings there. :)

What is an AC alarm? I know about septic alarms, and sump pump alarms, and heating alarms (like for greenhouses)... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Keep Your Cool Air Conditioning and Security

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
"Hot Air Guardians" (Company name)

"Don't let your air conditioner be stolen. Call Hot Air Guardians, we'll install an alarm so that your AC doesn't become "Hot". (Company slogan, tag line, etc.)

I'd do something with "Hot" as in "Stolen" and "Air" as in AC units..."Hot Air Inc." might be another possibility.

It's witty and funny and easy to remember. It also describes your business in 2-3 words.

Am I good, or what?!?!? I should be on Madison Ave....

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
if you have a business name that starts with an "A" then you are listed first in the yellow pages!!!!

Amazing Home Service
Brisk Services (corny play on Brisc oe...couldnt figure out how to get Law in there without it being lawyer-y)

I would guess that the AC alarm would warn you if anyone was tampering with your AC

Rachel

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
Er, I guess we're talking window AC units? 'Cause I can only imagine someone trying to make off with central AC condenser units!

I do like the "Hot Air" thing Boleyz suggested... No Hot Air.

Air Scare
Walkair, TX Rangair (Yes, I know I'm a dork!)
Or something Shairiff...

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Phantomfyre said:
Er, I guess we're talking window AC units? 'Cause I can only imagine someone trying to make off with central AC condenser units!

I do like the "Hot Air" thing Boleyz suggested... No Hot Air.

Air Scare
Walkair, TX Rangair (Yes, I know I'm a dork!)
Or something Shairiff...
It's the "hot" new item to steal down here. :) Central AC units. Start imaginin again. This time imagine it really happening!

Oops, almost forgot--how about something like: Lawson/Briscoe, Inc. We secure your comfort.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW, awesome, you guys are the best. I knew you were creative. I am going to show this thread to my sister, only then she'll know where I hang out in the day.

There is a huge need for these alarms, because when the ac units are stolen, the insurance companies are requiring you to do something to protect them in order to offer you further coverage. Especially commercial units.

The big Heat and Air companies are building ugly cages, and those are even being stolen for the scrap metal. THe new construction industry is really vulnerable as their units sit alone without many watchful neighbors around.

So, keep them coming, you guys are worth your weight in gold!!!!!

Thanks, Kimberly

"Hot Air" .....priceless

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like Air Patrol too.

Walkair, TX Rangair..... so FUNNY and CREAVTIVE.

We could NEVER think of these on our own.

Enviroguard Services.. perfect actually isn't it?

Awesome, aren't you all!!

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I am under the impression such detection devices will be installed on AC units, if the unit is disturbed an alarm will go off to alert someone of a potential theft happening. Is this correct?

A mercury switch, radio transponder, alert response team, = free money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts