Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dh forgot to change his shirt and went to change the oil on his truck; one of his "good" work shirts now has n oil stain on the front of it. How do I get it out?

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
When I worked at the Greese Plant I would get Oil all over me and PineSol got it out pretty good.

Maybe GOOP or that Orange stuff :shrug: DW says there is a New Shout that is suppose to be good on tuff stains.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
i have always heard that if the oil was clean (fresh oil) it could be removed, but if it has steel particles in it( used oil)....no way. anyway, i'm around the stuff every day of my life.....and my wife cannot remove any of it......by the way my Mother (God rest her) was a buyer for Legget clothing stores, thought a person should be judged only by their cloths...could not get oil stains out either.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
pre-treat...wash....hang dry....

if it is still there....repeat the above.....

if most comes out but leaves an 'oily' (sorry no pun intended) spot....WD-40 will lift it...and then in my experience I had to use shout to lift out the wd40...

so it went like this:

Shout/Wash/Hang dry/shout/wash/hangdry/wd40/wash/hang dry/shout/wash/hang dry

HTH
Rachel

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
i have always heard that if the oil was clean (fresh oil) it could be removed, but if it has steel particles in it( used oil)....no way. anyway, i'm around the stuff every day of my life.....and my wife cannot remove any of it......by the way my Mother (God rest her) was a buyer for Legget clothing stores, thought a person should be judged only by their cloths...could not get oil stains out either.

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
I've used Goop before to get oil stains out, but the next time I have to deal with one I'm going to try Rachel's method!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts