Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I'm not the least bit computer savvy. I'm lost beyond starting it, emailing, and getting here.

When I try to view some things the darn thing just locks up. After a while I get a box that says: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on.and needs to close". Then another box says: the following add-on was running when the problem occured, AcroPDF.dll Adobe Systems, Adobe PDF Browser Control. Then it closes and goes back to the desk top screen. I've tried to disable it but that doesn't help , tried to delete it but it won't let me do that, tried to download a later version but iot won't it install.

Anyone have any non-technical language suggestions? Chucking this blasted thing out of the window is being considered at this time!!

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

Sounds like your Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader is corrupted or misconfigured. In windows go to control panel...add/remove programs and remove it. Test computer after removal. If things are better, reinstall Acrobat version that is right for your computer/system.

RF

·
Registered
950 Posts
Go to start menu
control panel
add remove programs
find adobe acrobat and click it
click remove follow unisintall instructions
then go and find Foxitreader its a free pdf reader that is much better than adobes acrobat.

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Have you tried disabling the Acrobat Reader IE Plugin from within IE? Sorry if I haven't read ahead....am a bit busy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.