HELP!! Meldew on Fabric???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by TxCloverAngel, Aug 3, 2005.

1. TxCloverAngel

TxCloverAngel Happiness is Homemade

I am sitting here writing this,... not sure if I want to HIT something (or someone) really really HARD! or Break down and cry! :flame:

My wonderful 12 & 13 yr old boys thought they would "Help" mom out, and clean out the Suburban... This was all well and good Until......

I found out that they put their baby sisters $120 stroller on the porch. I found it and put it back into the suburban , got to football prectice w/ our 6 yr old.. (LONG walk to to the field) got it out and opened it up to put the baby in.. and found it BLACK W/ MILDEW!!! I LOVE this stroller!! My mother bought it for us for the baby. We have 3 kids in sports, so Our daughter LIVES in it on the weekends...

Now My questions, Oh Wise Ones.... Is there anything I can do to get it out of the fabric??? It is bad!! The stroller was only outside for 3 days, but here in Texas w/ our 500% humidity it doesnt take long.

Thanks so much!!

2. pyper7

pyper7 pyper7

Hi, I've had some success with making a paste out of Borax and water and spreading it over the mildew. Try to keep it moist by covering it with a wet towel and let it set overnight, then hose it off. Good luck!

3. auntieemu

auntieemu Well-Known Member

Wash it down with vinegar - which you can thankfully buy by the gallon jug. Rinse and then dry under a fan. Or there are several fungicides on the market that might help. Check out this link and see if any of it helps:mildew link

4. logcabn

logcabn Well-Known Member

We had one that got musty/mildewed a few years ago and we cleaned it with every thing, but my son would still fuss when put into this stroller (he was fine in any other one) I mentioned it to my doc. and he said that he was fussing because he was still picking up a smell it should not be used because it would, even though it was clean , expose him to the molds and possibly make him develope allergies. I know strollers are not cheap we tossed ours and got a new one, you can't put a price on our little ones health. This is just my thoughts, good luck with your stroller.
    Jacinda