Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well, as many know im only 15 and, and now I need some help. In canada all animals that are reg go under the animal pedagree act. (Seller must give buyer papers within 6 months of sale. ) So I called the CGS, and all they told me to write a formal report agianst him. And sign it. But it has been to hard to think of what to say.
Here's what happened.

I got the doe 11 months ago and, just got the papers 2 weeks ago. He wanted 125.00 and a doe kid . So she cost me 275.00. She has CAE (ya I know im planning on culling her when I get a doe from her.) Her teats are HUGE and only half of one side of the udder works. :flame: She is blind in one eye (Vet said caused by a bad infection at birth. No wonder he makes them sleep on concert without bedding, in -20 C weather.) She also is so thin still. Her feet are crapy from no trimming and Im still getting pounds on her very very slowly. Even with all the wormings and grain/hay.

So please help me I thought about just saying that but, I wasn't sure.

Thank you
:rolleyes:

NEVER AGAIN WILL HE HURT ME :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: Or any others :flame: :nono: :flame:

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
45,467 Posts
I'm a former English teacher, and I'd be glad to help you. Can you clarify some of the issues?

1. What did you actually pay? You state one price, then another.
2. How much of her condition were you aware of when you bought her?
I think you'd have noticed her udder, hooves, and eye.
3. Did you have her tested for CAE? Did he have proof of a negative test before you bought her?
4. What happened during the eleven months that you had her without the papers? Did you contact the seller? Do you have documentation of when you contacted him? (dates, times, results / or lack of results)
5. What sort of claims did he make as to her condition when you purchased her?
6. Did you buy her "as is?" I'm wondering about the fact that you knew she was thin when you bought her. You can't very well complain about that.

The only valid complaints that I think you have are the slow delivery of the papers and the positive CAE test, but only IF he claimed she was negative and you had her tested right away, and the test was positive. Otherwise, there's no way to prove she didn't contract the disease after she left his ownership.

Let us know more information, please.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.I paid in full 125.00 in cash. and 2 buck kids (He sold them both at our aution for 70.00 each.)
2.Her condition I knew she was bred. That was in the deal.
3.We don't have any vets around here who do the test and the cost to bring in a vet would be way to much. Yes I knew she had big ish knee's (But nothing like it is today.)
4.I called about every 1 - 2 weeks and he said the same thing. Yes I have phone bills (Since he is long distance. )
5. He told me she was a show doe that will come in with a EX udder! (I was just starting out then and diddn't know what I know now.)
6.No I got her as he said " A good start for my herd." Ya what kind od herd does he want???

Well see the only reason I got the papers was, because I found out he broke the law. And I called him and said I was gonna call the cops if he doesn't give them to me.

I hope this helps

·
45,467 Posts
I think your only valid complaint is that he was slow delivering the paperwork to you. The other issues are just lessons learned.

When you write your report, post your rough draft here, and I'll help you edit it. Remember that spelling and grammar are important so that the authorities will believe you.

·
45,467 Posts
I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Your webpage is a problem. You claim to have a CAE free herd, but also state that you don't test for CAE. Given that you know you have a positive doe, your claim of a CAE free herd is false.

Your attack against the seller of your disappointing goat is not the way to do business, even though you are upset, and perhaps rightly so.

You need an adult, responsible mentor.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Rose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.