Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my soap is stuck in my mold!!! :duel: I had read on some other sites, that it was possible to line a mold with silicon caulk and it would not stick. But, it did. :frypan:
Is the soap lost??? Can i save it?

HELP!!!!

·
www.HarperHillFarm.com
3,089 Posts
Try putting your mold in the freezer for an hour or so. I have silicone lined molds (similar to what rubber stamps are made of), but it is not silicone caulking. I never heard of using the caulking.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i screwed up. what can i do with it when i get it out of the mold? Is it lost???

·
Registered
500 Posts
No, it's not lost. Worst case scenario you can find a way to cut, scoop or lift your soap out of the mold and have some misshapen soap but it is still soap. If if is still kinda soft when you get it out then you can reshape by hand, if it is hard then just trim with a knife or potato peeler.

Do not despair, soap is soap no matter the shape. Good luck getting it out, let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What is your mold made of? Could you turn it upside down and run hot water over it to loosen up the soap? If putting it in the freezer doesn't work, and the hot water doesn't work, just scoop it out and rebatch it. It's still soap and can be salvaged one way or another.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Freezing it usually works. Dig one little piece out first, then put it in the freezer, then you should be able to put a spatula or something under and pop it out. That always works for me, anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts