Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Missin Sweet Home Alabama
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am looking for some ideas for activities a 6 yr. old can do with 1 arm. My 6yr old daughter broke her collar bone in the park 2 days ago. She is really hyperactive even for a normal 6 yr. old. I am trying to think of things she can do with one arm (one is in a sling). I feel so bad for her she can't do any of the things she normally enjoys like riding bikes, swimming, or playing ball. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
that's tough! Does she like to read, maybe a trip to the bookstore to pick out a new book? Is it her writing hand....maybe a puzzle book or one of those fancy coloring books?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Barbies! You can play barbies with one hand....if mom helps...

Movies

Making cookies with Mom... she can at least pour the ingredients and then be the dough taster... what kid doesn't like raw cookie dough? lol

Playing tent. Get a card table and cover it with a blanket and give her a flashlight that she can turn on with one hand

sock puppets... help her make a puppet or two and she can put it on the good hand especially if she has friends to play with

treasure hunts... hide little things around the house... if she can read give directions on where to find them... if not... give her verbal clues once she finds all of the objects give her a special treat as a reward

I don't know about sock puppets but my daughter loved to do the other things and she was very ADHD as a child.

Sorry about the broken collar bone...

Suzi

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
computer games, swings at playground (not too much else and watch her even on swing might be unbalanced enough to fall), running with supervision

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Get her an appliance box and some craft supplies such as crepe paper streamers, buttons, big fat markers and a glue stick. She can make a play house, a puppet stage, a race car or anything she likes with her box.

If you need something to exhaust her how about a stand to turn her bike into a stationary bike and pedal in the house. They have odometers that you can hook on and she can have bike races without going anywhere. Treats for distance or speed should encourage her to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts