HELP! I lost the pastry crust recipe...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by manygoatsnmore, Nov 22, 2006.

1. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

We just had a thread here a while ago and someone posted their recipe for "no fail" pie crust made with oil rather than shortening. I can't find the thread, and I really want to try this recipe with my pies. I don't make pies very often, but volunteered to make the pies for dinner tomorrow at ds and ddil's house.

Does anyone have the link to the right thread or just the recipe itself? I'd be soooo grateful to get it. TIA,

Mary

2. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Was it here or was it in the Cooking and Crafts forum?

3. manygoatsnmore

It was here. It seems like it was a thread drift off a different subject, and I can't remember what the original topic was, lol!

4. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

Hang on, I've got it. I'll go find.

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
  6. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

Never Fail Pie Crust...makes 4-9" pie shells or enough for two 9" pies or one bigger

Mix together 3 cups flour and l tsp. salt Cut in 1-1/4 cup vegetable shortening. Combine l egg,beaten, 1/3 cup cold water and l Tbsp vinegar. Add to dry mix and stir well. Let stand a couple of minutes. Then roll out on floured board to desired thickness.

7. manygoatsnmore

Nope, thanks Bink and Moopups, but this recipe had OIL insead of shortening. I am out of shortening, and have oil on hand, so I wanted to try it. Maybe I'll just experiment with substituting equal amounts oil for shortening and see what I get. I do really appreciate both of you taking the time to help me out. :)

8. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm the one who posted it on the tightwad tips thread. I'll go find it and repost it here and there. Relax.... it's oops proof!

9. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

Here you go....
    No Fail Oil Pie Crust

Mix together:
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp salt

Mix together in a one cup measure: 2/3 cup oil and 1/3 water. Mix the liquids into the flour mixture.

Sometimes I refrigerate for a few minutes in saran wrap before rolling out between two pieces of wax paper. (or in my case the slit open waxed paper found in cereal boxes...)

Enjoy!

10. manygoatsnmore

Oh, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I should have known it was your recipe, MTM. ;) I'm off to mix pie dough!