Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
:no: no, no, no,! I don't know how this silliness got started but once more about the gum! YES, Juicy Fruit Gum DOES repell MOLES, no mention of Gophers! ! NO, moles do NOT eat it! They have teensy little teeth and a tiny little mouth..no way can they eat gum! There is something in that flavor that REPELS the critters. Lest that sound too easy, I don't use it...the reason being I think my dogs would just dig it out of there and eat it! Wouldn't hurt them..but then, I'd be wasting my time and the gum! LOL The suggestion is that you use something to poke it down the hole aways.

There was a recent symposium on the radio from our Extension Service on getting rid of moles. The gum was mentioned and another thing that works(and which I am trying now)is putting dog hair down in the holes. This has, so far, worked for me but then I just started last Fall. I have yet to go through the spring and summer to see if it works. I also need more dog hair..time to visit the groomers and talk them out of some. LOL I have several "test" flower beds that have mole havens in the past. We will see. ;) Of course traps were talked about too but these sound beyond me to figure out. :confused:

We don't have gophers but I'd sure like to see someone who does try the gum and the dog hair and see if it works on them also?

LQ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.