Help! Electric Mower

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cwgrl23, Apr 25, 2006.

1. cwgrl23

cwgrl23 Chief Vegtable Grower :) Supporter

I need some help. (Not that kind :stars: ) :) I just got off of Freecycle a DR Electric "Whisper Lite" mower. It came with several batteries but no cord to charge it with or manual. Anyone out there have one of these? Do I have to buy a cord from DR or is there a different kind that will work? I do not even know if the mower runs for sure (they said it did but you know how that goes) so I do not want to spend a lot of money on it only to have it not work.

Any ideas :help:

Carrie in SD

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to ask "They" where the cord is or at least where it's hooked up to charge the batteries.

3. Linda H

Linda H Missouri Ozarks

4. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

5. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

We have a black and decker and a standard three prong cord works with it. We really like it--noticed no change in the electric bill when we started using it. Wish we had gotten the solar powered one though.

6. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Black & Decker electric mower with a battery...LOVE it. It's 11 years old this year and other than a few blade sharpenings, that's all that it's ever needed. Positive part about it is, when neighbor asks to borrow it I can say either 1. it needs a charge & that will take a couple days (it doesn't), or 2. their grass is too high for the mower to handle, it being an electric mower and all.

Neighbor on other side of me has an electric that uses a cord and it does a great job on her yard!

Mon

7. cwgrl23

cwgrl23 Chief Vegtable Grower :) Supporter

KindredSpirit: Thank you so much for the link! I have printed it out and will start reading it. We have a Batteries Plus store in town that we are going to take a battery to and have them charge it. We want to make sure that the lawnmower runs before investing too much into it. They may also have a charger that will work as well.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Carrie in SD