Help! DD's necklace went down the vent on top of the dashboard!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by heather, Nov 17, 2006.

1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

2002 Kia Sedona

Called the dealership - it will cost $36.00 for them to take the blower motor out & see if the necklace came down that far.
    If not, "service man extraordinaire" suggested taking the entire dashboard off to the tune of "about $600"
    He also mentioned that the necklace could cause problems with the "doors" for the vents, defrost, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, I could just leave the necklace down there (I may have to do that anyway!) but it was given to dd (age 5) in Sept from her "new" aunt to wear during their wedding! eek! So, I'd like to get it back, if possible (that does not include the $600 dashboard removal :rolleyes: )

HELP!

2. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Try going fishing with a wire coat hanger.....you just might get lucky if you work it hard enough. :)

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    SME is a little too proud of his skills, should take only about 30 minutes to do such. If the necklace is ferrous (attracted to magnets) that is your easy answer, magnet on wire. Otherwise seek further bids. Your being offered the victim card here.

4. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

Hmmmm

Borrow a Dyson from someone you know and Vaccuum it out??????

Rachel <--only sorta kidding

5. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I need to pay attention to this thread -- I have a 2004 Sedona and it's started making that annoying clicking sound when the fan's on, you know the one that means something's inside there! OMG I hope it doesn't cost me $600!

My driver's side window's making funny noises when I crank it down too... :(

Good luck!

6. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, as a side note.........don't ever buy a KIA.
    Terrible vehicles - Terrible service.

7. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

I would try a fish hook with the barb filed off, would also try sucking it up with a GOOD sucking vac...someone else mentioned this and I DO have a Dyson and use it regularly when things fall into the heating vents..it can bring up a full bottle of shampoo!

Mon

8. Tonya

Tonya Guest

How did you get a full bottle of shampoo into the dash of your car? Was the shampoo inside or out of the bottle? :nerd: :shrug: :baby04: :nono: :p

When my folks had a station wagon back in the day when I could ride in the front seat between Mom and Dad or in the back, I accidentally put a pencil on the dash and it rolled down into the vent. Every time they turned the heater on full blast you could hear that thing rolling around in there. We had many family debates on whether or not we could set the wood pencil on fire or not.

9. Highground

Highground Well-Known Member

Get a small stick and put double sided carpet tape on the end of it.