Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been homesteading for around two years now, we do SFG in raised beds, have meat rabbits, and chickens for eggs and meat (Black Austorlorps), mealworms, cats, dog, kids (the last three are not raised for eating). I am very much a DIYer, I have a bachelors in physics, and I am really interested in from scratch everything (I want to make a wind turbine from scratch including the 3-phase generator)

We are in the center of the Decade Drought in N TX. We very much want to jump on the early retirement extreme idea and retire to S MO ASAP, we are looking at properties (mostly dreaming about at this point) in that area, also considering SE OK, N AR, and W TN. We are originally from S VT and miss snow and most of all mountains.

My wife does most of the gardening and crafting. I do wood work, tinkering and computers.

I look forward to all of the advise we can give each other. Please let me know if you need any help with almost anything technological, most troubleshooting of everything (appliances, vehicles, etc) or your math and physics homework and I will do my best to help you out or point you in the direction of a good website.

Generic Signature,

Al

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Oh man sure could have used you with my kids homework last year! But despite my poor math skills she graduated . Welcome

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Welcome. If you make that wind turbine, please post how you do it. Sounds interesting.

And, I'm assuming since you're not eating the kids that they're human kids and not goat kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts