Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I came across this site just searching on things about growing your own food. I love country living. I grew up in 14 acres of land as a kid and my dad grew all kinds of fruits and vegetables. We also had goats, chickens, ducks, and geese growing up. I currently live on a 1 acre peice of land right next to my father. I plan on getting my little piece of land productive as time goes on. The looks like a helpful site for general living off of or making the most out of what land you got and i hope i can make a few friends here. I typed this on my phone so please forgive me for any errors lol.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Welcome toms. You're gonna' love it here!

I just got back from spending a week with my dtr in the Raleigh/Durham area, you certainly have a pretty state to call home - LOVED driving through the mountains.

Reactions: toms94z71

·
Registered
3 Posts
We moved to a five acre place on the Flat River in Rougemont, NC this summer. Have been working hard for the last few months getting it up to par as it was vacant for four years. Now we have a 100' ft. row of onions and four varieties of garlic planted. Collards, kale, brussels, spinach and winter salad greens all growing well at this point. Built a 12 x 16 hoop house this weekend to keep more things going in the winter. So much good information on the forum. Look forward to reading and sharing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This past weekend I planted some more fruit trees and some strawberries and asparagus and cleared up some of the brush along the back side of my property.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome from Illinois - no foothills here. In fact not many hills at all. Welcome just the same! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts