Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, from West Texas here! Have a small place about 3.5acres and working toward a nice homestead. We raised 15 Broad breasted bronze turkeys that are getting close to harvest time. Have 4 laying hens that give us an average of 5 eggs a day and 20 young hens still in a pen in there own that we hope to really raise our egg production. We have 2 ducks and are working on getting some feeder pigs real soon. Gardening is a real challenge here cause of the dry blistering heat, lack of rain, caliche,rock and rock shelf about 4"-1" so this next spring were going to give container gardening a shot. We also would love to get a top bar bee hive, that would be wonderful. Hope to learn a lot on this site and hopefully be help to others.

T

·
0 Posts
Hi!
Waves from San Antonio...

Yes, I struggle with the lack of water, too. :(

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Welcome, from North Central Texas! Yep, rain is an issue here as well:-(. We get some, not enough though!

Good luck, hope you find lots of great advice and answers here!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome, I'm south of DFW. Texas ain't never had enough water, as to rock, I can make a drive way by driving the same place for a week. Took my screen name from it. Clarify a bit of what part of West Texas you are in when you ask questions. There is a heap of differences across that region.
Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts