Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning HT!
We are at 70 degrees this morning in South Central Missouri, it's a beautiful morning. I enjoyed a walk around the barn yard this morning before anything or anyone else was awake. It's like meditation to me on a still, quiet, foggy morning.
Our family is "starting over" living on my mother's 25 acres in a travel trailer without electricity or water.
It's tough and humbling at the same time. Thankful to have our family together after the trama of losing EVERYTHING. (I had a car accident, lost transportation, lost jobs, lost our home... Was this our "push" to leave debt slavery?). We are striving for organic, self sufficiency.... My mother's family is..NOT. Consumerism and WASTE is the furthest thing from their minds; totally different family goal and values. I pray each day to be patient, understanding, & for guidance on where my family should "live" (even though we cannot move right now because we are BROKE and without transportation...we are hopeful to find an opportunity for next Spring). My husband and I are born, raised farming in the Ozarks. Our daughter is also an outdoor and agriculture enthusiast; She puts in more effort than most adults at 2 years old.
Farms, Ranchs, Communities, Homesteads, etc we are looking for an opportunity to put down roots. The three of us a an excellent labor force that has LOTS of hands on experience and various skills. What we do not have we make up for in enthusiam and willingness :)
- The Roark Household

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there . There are easier ways to hit your life goals than the way you have achieved them . Your here now so lets go forward and with ht's help you can get settled in to a great lifestyle. Blessings to ya

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hunter63 Saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin.

Reactions: Kendra Roark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning HT!
We are at 70 degrees this morning in South Central Missouri, it's a beautiful morning. I enjoyed a walk around the barn yard this morning before anything or anyone else was awake. It's like meditation to me on a still, quiet, foggy morning.
Our family is "starting over" living on my mother's 25 acres in a travel trailer without electricity or water.
It's tough and humbling at the same time. Thankful to have our family together after the trama of losing EVERYTHING. (I had a car accident, lost transportation, lost jobs, lost our home... Was this our "push" to leave debt slavery?). We are striving for organic, self sufficiency.... My mother's family is..NOT. Consumerism and WASTE is the furthest thing from their minds; totally different family goal and values. I pray each day to be patient, understanding, & for guidance on where my family should "live" (even though we cannot move right now because we are BROKE and without transportation...we are hopeful to find an opportunity for next Spring). My husband and I are born, raised farming in the Ozarks. Our daughter is also an outdoor and agriculture enthusiast; She puts in more effort than most adults at 2 years old.
Farms, Ranchs, Communities, Homesteads, etc we are looking for an opportunity to put down roots. The three of us a an excellent labor force that has LOTS of hands on experience and various skills. What we do not have we make up for in enthusiam and willingness :)
- The Roark Household

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Kendra, Im a new member but read your introduction and felt I needed to let you know that someone is out there who cares. Sorry to hear about your hard times, but money as you know isn't everything. You have a GREAT looking family and your soooo blessed to even have been taught to pray and be thankful. I'm here if you want to chat to an old lady who has been there done that with just about everything in life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Kendra (and family) :)

I hope things are going well with you. Our family is trying to make a go of it in in north central Arkansas near Hardy. We purchased some land (about 15 acres) 3 years ago and stayed there for 9 months. We have since left to try and make some money to pay off our remaining debt (debt free is our goal)... it looks like we might make it there early next year and we hope to move back to the homestead at that point. We have a pretty nice setup there with a small cabin and two yurts already built. We also have a year round spring and some gardening plots already started. Anyway, not sure what your family is looking for, but we are looking at partnering up with another similar-minded family who is also looking to be more self sufficient. We have four children 10 months to 7 years old. :)

Anyway, best of luck to you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome, I'm a new member as well and from south central Missouri too! Sounds like you have a good start on homesteading having been blessed with the legacy of land!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts