Hello from Sunny California

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fahrettin, Mar 13, 2005.

1. fahrettin

fahrettin New Member

Hello,

I joined in today and wanted to say hello to everybody. I am especially interested in Turkish crafts. Lace (called oya in Turkish) and embroideries (called nakish in turkish) are wonderful in Turkey. A Turkish friend of mine makes patchworks and she uses a lot of needlework in her projects.

If you have anything to share, especially about Turkish crafts, please keep in touch.

-Fahrettin-

2. Bladesmith

Bladesmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! Lots to learn and see hee, and some truly wonderful people. I don't know the first thing about anything Turkish (except taffy) but wish you the best of luck!

3. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

Welcome from CA...
    What part of the state are you in? We're between Sacramento and Yosemite...
    lacyj

4. bearkiller

bearkiller Well-Known Member

fahrettin,

Seems to be California Day here. I'm up in Trinity County and extend to you a "welcome aboard".

I can't help with anything Turkish...my ancestors revolted against the Ottoman Turks and have nothing kind to say. But I leave all that in the old country, not here!

bearkiller

5. JanO

JanO Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome, and I agree this must be California Day. I'm also in California, Riverside County... where are you at?

I know nothing about turkish crafts, but I look forward to hearing more about them...

Jan

6. Shahbazin

Shahbazin Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about how they're made, but I do have some examples of Turkish craftwork - copper plates & vases (colored copper, black & white in intricate patterns), a tablecloth with patterns of deer & things on it, & a couple of hand forged flock guardian dog collars (with big spikes). I raise a breed of Turkish dog, so have collected some things like this. The tablecloth & one of the collars were a package deal along with a pup from Turkey, & the vases & dishes were Breed Specialty show prizes.

7. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Bearkiller, son lives in Trinity County (Lewiston). What part are you from?